Northmoreland Park lake stocked with truckload of trout, other stocking dates set
While anglers in 18 Southeastern Pennsylvania counties will get a head start on the 2018 trout season March 31, those in the local area will have to wait until April 14.
Pennsylvania Fish & Boat Commission employees were busy Wednesday stocking brook, rainbow and brown trout in the lake at Northmoreland Park in Allegheny Township.
Plenty more stocking dates are scheduled, including:
• Sections of Fourmile Run will be stocked March 19 and 21, April 20 and May 7.
• Sections of Hannas Run and Hendricks Creek will be stocked April 11.
• Indian Creek in the area of the Route 381 bridge will be stocked April 11 and May 2.
• Indian Lake will be stocked April 24 and May 8.
• Sections of Loyalhanna Creek in the area of the Route 711 bridge were stocked March 1 and 3 and will be stocked again April 16 and 18 and May 7.
• Twin Lakes will be stocked April 5 and 19, and May 4.
Stocked trout come from Fish & Boat Commission hatcheries in Bellefonte and Pleasant Gap.
The minimum size for a “keeper” is 7 inches, and the regular-season limit is five per day.
For more information, including a full list of stocking dates and times, visit FishAndBoat.com .
Patrick Varine is a Tribune-Review staff writer.