Fire chases residents from Carrick apartment building
By Matthew Santoni
Google+
Staff Reporter, 412-380-5625

Published: Sunday, Feb. 17, 2013, 8:00 p.m.

A three-alarm fire damaged an apartment building, displaced residents and left one firefighter with minor injuries Sunday evening in Carrick, authorities said.

Firefighters were originally called to the building in the 2300 block of Brownsville Road about 5:30 p.m. for a dryer fire in a basement beneath Doug's Den, but first responders found fire spreading throughout the three-story apartment building.

It took firefighters until shortly after 7 p.m. to bring the fire under control, according to Allegheny County 911 dispatchers. One firefighter suffered minor injuries to his hand and was transported to UPMC Mercy, Uptown, for treatment.

The Red Cross provided food, clothing or shelter to 14 residents of the building, including three children.

Matthew Santoni is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-380-5625 or msantoni@tribweb.com.

Add Matthew Santoni to your Google+ circles.

 

 
 


Show commenting policy

Click here to read Fire chases residents from Carrick apartment building on the non-mobile site. Some of the full-site features may not work correctly on a mobile device.