Robinson commissioners OK plans for projects at former Showcase Cinemas site
Robinson commissioners on Monday approved site plans for a 106-room Marriott hotel on the site of the former Showcase Cinemas movie theater off Park Manor Drive.
In a separate vote, commissioners approved a plan to split the former theater property for the TownePlace Suites hotel project and the recently constructed Auction Direct USA, a used-car dealership scheduled to open this fall.
Auction Direct is selling about 3 acres of the 10.66-acre site for the hotel project.
Work on the five-story hotel is expected to begin within six months and take at least 10 months to complete, according to a company official.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- United Airlines hack coincided with incursion into government employee data
- Pirates acquire pitcher Blanton from Royals for cash
- Starkey: Garoppolo baffles Steelers
- Inside the Steelers: Williams’ quickness out of backfield evident in drills
- Peduto blasts Wolf’s plan to borrow $3B to shore up pensions
- Steelers notebook: LB Dupree sits out backs-on–backers drill
- Area coaches prefer staying put for camp
- McCutchen, Pirates cruise to interleague victory over Twins
- Pirates notebook: Melancon bails out Watson with extended outing
- Tight ends’ role in Steelers passing game continues to lessen but players remain selfless
- Steelers’ Bell unsure why NFL reduced his suspension