Photos: Founder's Day fun at Sewickley Academy
Sewickley Academy students celebrated the school's Founder's Day, Oct. 5, 2012, with outdoor activities. The event and reunion weekend kicked off the private school's 175th anniversary year.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Fed slashes its emergency power options in crisis
- Dorfman: Barnes & Noble could beat bookstore blues, chief’s stock buy suggests
- Pope Francis visits mosque in war-torn Central African Republic, calls for end to conflict
- Starkey: Tomlin lived in his fears
- Police seek details in pedestrian fatal crash
- Distractions can help keep riders alert in self-driving cars, study finds
- Increasing player salaries pinch financial flexibility of Pirates
- Founder of Z&M Cycle Sales in Hempfield killed in Florida motorcycle crash
- Roundup: Locked out ATI workers to lose company-paid health benefits; more
- Slain St. Clair officer walked into ‘worst nightmare’ for police
- IMF adds China’s yuan to basket of top currencies