TribLIVE

| Neighborhoods


 
Larger text Larger text Smaller text Smaller text | Order Photo Reprints

House catches fire in Monessen

Daily Photo Galleries

Thursday, Oct. 4, 2012, 2:26 a.m.
 

Firefighters from four communities responded to a house fire in Monessen, about 1:30 this morning.

The fire appeared to start in the top floor of the structure in the 300 block of Oneida Street. Firefighters from Donora, Lock 4 and Rostraver Number 1 as well as both city departments responded.

Crews were on the roof of the building at presstime. They were determining if anyone was home at the time of the blaze, municipal fire Chief Del Hepple said.

No information on the cause of the fire or the extent of damage was available prior to presstime.

 

 
 


Show commenting policy

Most-Read Stories

  1. Foreign influx in Allegheny County at ‘tipping point’
  2. Cedar Point attraction mishap injures 2 riders
  3. Former Gateway coach Smith is ‘perfect fit’ for Penn State football staff
  4. Observers mixed on grid backup amid carbon rules, natural gas uncertainty
  5. Steelers hope group of low-budget cornerbacks can deliver
  6. Steelers WR Wheaton wants to produce after injury-plagued rookie year
  7. Pirates notebook: Hurdle, Huntington on same page
  8. Steelers notebook: Ben believes rookie WR Bryant can contribute
  9. Inside the ropes: Roethlisberger may have his big receiver
  10. Construction of $500M power plant in South Huntingdon stalled
  11. Record crowd at Heinz Field for International Champions Cup game
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.