House catches fire in Monessen
Firefighters from four communities responded to a house fire in Monessen, about 1:30 this morning.
The fire appeared to start in the top floor of the structure in the 300 block of Oneida Street. Firefighters from Donora, Lock 4 and Rostraver Number 1 as well as both city departments responded.
Crews were on the roof of the building at presstime. They were determining if anyone was home at the time of the blaze, municipal fire Chief Del Hepple said.
No information on the cause of the fire or the extent of damage was available prior to presstime.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Steelers to bring LB Harrison out of retirement
- Liriano, McCutchen help Pirates to 1-0 win over Braves
- Pirates notebook: Volquez open to re-signing with team
- Obamacare sign-up effort a local success
- Steelers defense must replace three injured starters after victory
- Electricity rates expected to increase this winter
- Identities oftheft suspects sought by Penn Township and state police
- Foundation keeps late cancer victim’s service mission alive
- Penguins boast several good blueliners with point-producing skills
- Civil rights organization urges developer to scrap hotel plan for August Wilson Center
- North Versailles man gets probation in child porn case