Single-lane closure in each direction planned on Route 65 for much of Saturday
Be prepared to “zipper” Saturday on Route 65, PennDOT spokesman Jim Struzzi said.
More roadwork is planned for 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. Oct. 13 on Route 65 from Sewickley to the Beaver County line, Struzzi said.
One lane in each direction will be closed, he said. Work is weather permitting.
“Motorists should expect delays and allow extra time when traveling through the area,” Struzzi said. “The effectiveness of traffic flow in highway work zones is highly dependent on driver behavior.”
PennDOT's “zipper” method asks drivers to use all lanes to merge, which will reduce congestion and delays, Struzzi said.
The overall $5.1 million, 4.5-mile project on Route 65 includes milling and resurfacing, drainage, guide rail, signals, and other improvements in Emsworth, Sewickley, Edgeworth, Leetsdale and Ambridge, Struzzi said.
Overall work will finish in the spring, Struzzi said.
Add Bobby Cherry to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Pirates lose on late Cardinals rally
- Steelers receiver Heyward-Bey looks to make most of chance
- Democratic gubernatorial nominee in spotlight at Labor Day Parade
- Steelers formalize practice squad
- Steelers know fast start could be key to upcoming season
- Pirates notebook: Sanchez returns to Bucs in offensive slump
- Pakistani premier may be forced out as protests turn violent
- Anti-abortion law in effect in Louisiana, with a caveat
- Scientists dismiss dire outlook for Western Pennsylvania winter weather