Trick-or-treat times change due to storm
Blawnox, Fox Chapel, Aspinwall, O'Hara and Sharpsburg have changed the times for Halloween activities to Saturday in advance of Hurricane Sandy.
Blawnox will hold its Halloween parade and trick-or-treat at 5 p.m. on Nov. 3. Children can meet at Woodland and Freeport roads at 5 p.m. and march to Hoboken Presbyterian Church where treat bags will be distributed. Trick or treating will continue until 8 p.m.
Sharpsburg, Fox Chapel and O'Hara will hold Halloween events on Nov. 3 from 6 to 8 p.m.
Aspinwall will hold its events on Saturday from 6 to 7:30 p.m.
As of Monday afternoon, officials for Fox Chapel had not determined if they would reschedule Halloween activities.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Rossi: Pirates must land Lester
- Steelers notebook: Brown calls Sanders’ comments about Roethlisberger ‘terrible’
- After years of lobbying, Big Ben has Steelers running the no-huddle
- Joe Greene only 2nd player in Steelers history to get number retired
- Steelers hold high hopes for pass defense
- Pirates notebook: Trade rumors for Red Sox pitcher Lester still swirling
- Former Shady Side Academy standout set to take field for Pitt
- Beloved teacher at 3 Western Pa. schools hears from students across nation
- Pirates manage to stumble on the bases in bid for sweep of Giants
- Fire causes Blairsville bar to collapse, flames spread to neighboring building
- Law enforcement, intelligence agencies want to ‘like’ you on social media