Pair sought in Brackenridge FueLand holdup
By Chuck Biedka
Published: Friday, November 2, 2012, 12:01 a.m.
Updated: Friday, November 2, 2012
Police say they hope surveillance photos will help them identify two men who robbed a Brackenridge gas station early Thursday.The pair, one with a handgun, robbed the FueLand store at the corner of Mile Lock Lane and First Avenue about 5:30 a.m. No one was hurt, police said.A clerk was in the store when one of the men put a bag of potato chips on the counter and reached into a pocket for money. While the clerk was opening the cash drawer, the bandit pulled a silver-and-black handgun from his waistband, Brackenridge police Chief Jamie Bock said.He said the accomplice watched the door when the gunman grabbed the cash drawer away from the clerk.
Bock said the men were last seen running up Mile Lock Lane.
Allegheny County detectives are investigating and sent the photos to the crime lab.
The store returned to business Friday morning.
“Everyone is fine,” a manager said later in the day.
Anyone with information is asked to call Allegheny County Police at 412-473-1257.
Chuck Biedka is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-226-4711 or email@example.com.
- Kovacevic: Matt Cooke 1, Ottawa Senators 0
- Penguins rout Senators, return to Eastern Conference final
- Letang dazzles with dynamic play in Game 5 win
- Alfredsson ponders his future
- Smoking in school costs man more than a fine
- Penguins’ fans as young as five months brave cold to watch Game 5
- TreeVitalize beautifies hospital campus
- Mix-up at poll could impact Freeport Area School Board race
- 16-year-old girl shot and killed on Rankin street
- Cieply dedicating his career to cancer research
- 2-time WPIAL champion wrestler Kenney of Connellsville High chooses WVU
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.