Monroeville business community ROCs out
Published: Thursday, November 15, 2012, 9:28 a.m.
Updated: Friday, November 16, 2012
Members of the Monroeville business community gathered to celebrate their own last week.
The Monroeville Area Chamber of Commerce's annual ROCs awards dinner was held at the Doubletree Hotel in Monroeville Nov. 8. The ROCs — which stands for Recognizing individuals, Organizations and Companies that shine — featured mentalist Craig Karges and honored the work of members of the local business community.
Alice Rathjen, co-owner of Monster Mini Golf in Monroeville and BBQ Beach Hut in Murrysville, was named Chamber Member of the Year.
Donna Padezan of NPV Productions received the Wes Blaha Lifetime Achievement Award.
Real estate developer Craig Cozza was named Business Person of the Year. Also nominated for the award were Don Darragh of Energy Swing Windows and Walt Henry of The pt Group Physical Therapy.
Amy Simon of Visit Monroeville was named Young Business Leader of Year. Also nominated were Jason and Tara Saunders of Metal Photo Service and Maria Synan, communications marketing manager of Forbes Regional Hospital.
And UPMC East was recognized as the Redevelopment Project of the Year. The other nominees were Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza and Penn Center East.
- Pens will unveil even bigger TV screen for fans in Game 5
- New York mayoral candidate Weiner uses Pittsburgh as backdrop
- Neal, Iginla get back on track to lead Penguins
- Steelers notebook: Less talk, more work is Tomlin’s theme
- Tarentum man charged with Tuesday’s bank robbery in Harrison
- Kovacevic: It’s about time for these Penguins
- Steelers veteran outside linebacker Woodley: ‘I’m good to go’
- Whitehall couple sues Pittsburgh zoo over son’s mauling by painted dogs
- Penguins turn Game 4 into a blowout victory over the Senators
- Senators on cusp of ouster against Penguins
- Mayor’s defeat may spell end of ‘Monessen Rising’
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.