Monroeville business community ROCs out
Members of the Monroeville business community gathered to celebrate their own last week.
The Monroeville Area Chamber of Commerce's annual ROCs awards dinner was held at the Doubletree Hotel in Monroeville Nov. 8. The ROCs — which stands for Recognizing individuals, Organizations and Companies that shine — featured mentalist Craig Karges and honored the work of members of the local business community.
Alice Rathjen, co-owner of Monster Mini Golf in Monroeville and BBQ Beach Hut in Murrysville, was named Chamber Member of the Year.
Donna Padezan of NPV Productions received the Wes Blaha Lifetime Achievement Award.
Real estate developer Craig Cozza was named Business Person of the Year. Also nominated for the award were Don Darragh of Energy Swing Windows and Walt Henry of The pt Group Physical Therapy.
Amy Simon of Visit Monroeville was named Young Business Leader of Year. Also nominated were Jason and Tara Saunders of Metal Photo Service and Maria Synan, communications marketing manager of Forbes Regional Hospital.
And UPMC East was recognized as the Redevelopment Project of the Year. The other nominees were Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza and Penn Center East.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Mental health facility won’t take Franklin Regional stabbing suspect as patient
- Steelers film session: Harrison on the field often
- Steelers are vowing to fix the costly penalties, lack of self-discipline
- At least $100,000 in appliances stolen from new homes around Western Pa.
- Corbett: Downtown project will ‘make a huge difference’ in Pittsburgh
- 20 improbable Pirates wins in 2014
- Healthy again, Penguins’ Dupuis eager for game action
- Mercer’s improved defense at shortstop gives Pirates a boost
- No one way to fix Western Pennsylvania’s heroin problem, report says
- Latest loss has Panthers looking for answers
- It’s official: Volquez to start Wednesday for Pirates