Giant Eagle in Moon to begin selling alcoholic beverages
Published: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 4:39 p.m.
Updated: Tuesday, November 20, 2012
Moon supervisors on Monday approved a liquor license transfer that will permit the Giant Eagle along University Boulevard in the Moon Plaza to sell alcoholic beverages.
The liquor license transfer from the shuttered EJ's Lounge in Bethel Park will allow Giant Eagle to sell a maximum of 16 12-ounce beers per person, officials said.
The license will go hand-in-hand with renovations at the grocery store chain that will included expanded prepared foods, deli and bakery sections and a cafe with indoor and outdoor seating for up to 105 people.
Giant Eagle spokesman Dick Roberts said the store will begin selling alcohol once the renovations are complete, although the start and completion dates have not yet been determined.
- Kovacevic: Why did Pens even get Iginla?
- Coach Tomlin, Steelers facing plenty of questions as OTAs start
- Election director predicts light turnout at polls
- McKeesport bank robbed again
- Pet cat is injured in kitchen fire in N. Huntingdon
- Steel Valley choir to share stage with classic rock icon Foreigner
- Improved depth could drive Pirates’ fortunes deep into season
- Penguins’ breakdown on Alfredsson goal changes series
- Heart patients accuse Excela of conspiracy
- Steelers reach agreement with sixth-round pick Williams
- Cooke has been steadying force for Penguins in playoffs
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.