Two men sentenced for 2011 Penn Hills homicide
An Allegheny County judge on Wednesday sentenced two men to life in prison for the shooting death of a man in the parking lot of a Penn Hills apartment complex.
Common Pleas Judge Beth Lazzara tacked on an additional 48 1⁄2 to 97 years to the life sentences of Matthew Ebo, 27, of Homewood and Thaddeus Crumbley, 33, of Turtle Creek for the May 2011 shooting at the Leechburg Garden Apartment Complex.
An Allegheny County jury in April found them guilty of first degree murder, robbery and weapons charges.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- U.S. Steel looks to expand its Research & Technology Center in Munhall
- Rossi: Pirates must land Lester
- Temple dumps SAT, ACT scores from application process
- Beloved teacher at 3 Western Pa. schools hears from students across nation
- Surprise! Lee Supply will play for Grebb girls’ title
- Steelers hold high hopes for pass defense
- Steelers notebook: Brown calls Sanders’ comments about Roethlisberger ‘terrible’
- After years of lobbying, Big Ben has Steelers running the no-huddle
- Powdermill reserve summer program teaches wildlife conservation
- Pirates notebook: Trade rumors for Red Sox pitcher Lester still swirling
- Proposed Mt. Pleasant VFW relocation site faces a backlash