Things to do
St. James Parish, 200 Walnut St., Sewickey: 4:30-7:30 p.m. Fridays Feb. 15 to March 29. Fish dinners include dinner entrée, two sides and a drink. Prices: $7 to $11. Kids' meal: $4. Takeout available. 412-741-6650 ext. 6. saintjames-church.com.
St. Valentine Church, 2710 Ohio St., Bethel Park: 4-7:30 p.m. starting Feb. 13 and Fridays during Lent. Fifteen menu items available, including drinks and desserts. Takeout available. 412-851-9176.
St. Mary Catholic Church, 10 St. Mary's Lane, off Route 50, Cecil: 11 a.m.-7:30 p.m. Fridays during Lent, including Good Friday. For takeout, call 412-221-9771. Menu and directions at stmarycecil.org.
St. Sava Serbian Orthodox Church, 901 Hartman St., McKeesport: Noon-6 p.m. Fridays, Feb. 15 through March 29. More information at 412-664-0820.
American Legion Post 474, West New Castle Street, Zelienople: 4-8 p.m. Fridays Feb. 15 to Mar. 29. Cost: $10 adults; $6 children. Ticket and 50/50 auctions. Hosted by Zelie Memorial Skate Park. To order carry out, call 724-831-4570.
Good Samaritan Parish, Jericho Hall, Eighth Street and Melrose Avenue, Ambridge: 11 a.m.-7 p.m. every Friday of Lent. Local delivery available, minimum $20, or call for pickup. 724-266-6010. Good Friday pierogi sale, 11 a.m.-5 p.m. March 29, takeout only.
Mount St. Peter Parish, Marble Hall, 100 Freeport Road, New Kensington: 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Fridays, Feb. 15 through March 22. Local delivery available during lunch hour. To place order, call 724-335-1458 between 10 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. on fish fry days.
Bricks 4 Kidz: 10:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Wednesdays starting Feb. 13, Cranberry Township Municipal Center, 2525 Rochester Road, Cranberry. Kindergarten students build, learn and play with Lego-brand blocks. For children ages 5 and 6. Cost: $72 for Cranberry residents with resident discount cards; $78 nonresidents. Register at cranberry township.org/programs.
Chinese New Year: 1-3 p.m. Feb. 9, Regional Learning Alliance, 850 Cranberry Woods Drive, Cranberry. Family-friendly activities include Chinese storytelling, traditional dance performance, arts and crafts, language lesson and food sampling. Cost: $5, ages 12 and older; $3, younger than 12. 724-776-4806 ext. 1020. sistercities@cranberry township.org.
Colonial Tea: 3 p.m. Feb. 17, Depreciation Lands Museum, 4743 S. Pioneer Road, Hampton. Sampling of teas and colonial desserts, made with authentic recipes. Download a registration form at depreciationlandsmuseum.org. 412-486-0563.
Catholic Hospice volunteer training: 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Feb. 7, Catholic Hospice, 6200 Brooktree Road, Wexford. Topics include Hospice 101, physical aspects of terminal disease, psycho-social issues at end of life, spiritual care of the dying, grief and bereavement, and the role of the volunteer. 724-933-6222. email@example.com.
Beaver County Friends of NRA annual banquet: 5 p.m. Feb. 23, Monaca Turners, 1700 Brodhead Road, Monaca. Live auction, silent auction and raffles. Tickets: $40. Sit-down dinner. Benefits youth safety training, mentoring, conservation, local gun clubs/ranges and youth teams. Tickets available through friendsofnra.org, firstname.lastname@example.org or 724-544-5964.
Cumberland Woods Village, 700 Cumberland Woods Drive, Allison Park. 412-635-8080:
• Free heart screening event: 9 a.m.-noon Feb. 19. Cardiologists from UPMC Heart and Vascular Institute will conduct free heart screenings and provide education on heart disease.
“The Civil War in Pennsylvania: A Photographic History”: 6 p.m. Feb. 16, Historic Harmony, 218 Mercer St., Harmony. Authors Michael Kraus, David Neville and Kenneth Turner discuss about 30 selected photographs from their book. Admission: $30. Dinner entree choices are beef, chicken, salmon or vegetarian. Paid reservations required by Feb. 8. Benefits Harmony Museum operations. 724-452-7341. harmonymuseum.org.
Singles Dance: 8 p.m.-midnight Feb. 9, West View VFW, 386 Perry Highway, West View. Free dance lesson at 7:30 p.m. Admission: $8. 724-316-5029. dancetonight.weebly.com.
Pre-Purim Seniors Luncheon: Noon Feb. 20, Chabad of the South Hills 1701 McFarland Road, Mt. Lebanon. Lunch, Purim program, and hamantaschen. Suggested donation: $5. Wheelchair accessible. Register: 412-278-2658 or email@example.com.
County of Westmoreland Mac Users Group: 7-9 p.m. Feb. 7, Monroeville Public Library, 4000 Gateway Campus Blvd., Monroeville. Anyone interested in learning and sharing information with Apple product users. 412-496-0643.
Volunteer Day: 11 a.m. Feb. 9, Hemlock Trail parking area, Mingo Creek County Park, 3111 Route 136, Finleyville. Volunteers needed to help reconstruct part of the Hemlock Trail. Bring tools such as handsaws and pruners for trimming trees and clearing the trail. 724-228-6867.
Women's book club: 7 p.m. second Tuesday of each month, St. Kilian Parish, 7067 Franklin Road, Cranberry. Anyone who enjoys books and conversation is invited. 724-625-1665.
LifeSpan — Resources and Services for those 60 and older, West Allegheny Library Building, 8042 Steubenville Pike, Imperial. 412-276-5056:
• Bingo: Noon-2 p.m. Mondays, Community Room.
• Line Dance Classes: 9:15-10:15 a.m. Wednesdays, gymnasium. Cost: $3. Call to register.
• Low-impact Aerobics: 9:30-11:30 a.m. Fridays, gymnasium. Free. Spaces available.
School's Out Day: 7:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Feb. 18, Pine Community Center, 100 Pine Park Drive, Wexford. Celebrate a day off from school with sports, movies, lunch, crafts and snacks. Cost: $25,member; $35, nonmember. Register in person by Feb. 13 at the Pine Community Center. 724-625-1636 ext. 3. pinecenter @twp.pine.pa.us.
Art, music, theater
Highlands High School Alumni Cabaret: 6 p.m. Feb. 9, Highlands High School, 1500 Pacific Ave., Harrison. A celebration of the past 25 years of Highlands musical productions. Cost: $12 (adult buffet dinner with concert), $8 (student buffet dinner with concert), $6 (ages 5 and younger buffet dinner with concert), $5 donation (concert only). RSVP at firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or 724-224-0300 ext. 410.
North Hills Senior High Planetarium double features: 6:30 p.m. Feb. 8 and 11, North Hills Senior High School, 53 Rochester Road, Ross. “Don't Duck! Look Up!” for children in preschool through elementary and “Clouds of Fire” for upper-elementary age children through adults. No charge.
Butler County Symphony: 7:30 p.m. Feb. 9, Butler Intermediate High School, 551 Fairground Hill Road, Butler. An evening of music by Russian composers featuring saxophonist Arthur Black. Tickets: $18, advance; $22, door; $5, students. Available at the symphony office, 259 S. Main St., Butler, or 724-283-1402. butlersymphony.org
Adult Interest Center at Southminster Presbyterian Church, 799 Washington Road, Mt. Lebanon. 412-343-8900:
• Vance and Garrick Duo: 11 a.m. Feb. 8. Celebrate Valentine's Day with classic music by the violin and piano duo.
• “The Artist” with Elaine Wertheim: 11 a.m. Feb. 15 and 22. Art historian and film expert Elaine Wertheim leads a viewing of the winner of the 2012 Academy Award for Best Picture.
“Winter's Tale of Love” choral concert: 2:30 p.m. Feb. 10, Faith United Methodist Church, 261 W. Chapel Ridge Road, Fox Chapel. Performances by Fox Chapel Area High School choral ensembles. Tickets: $12. web.fcasd.edu/tickets. Benefits Fox Chapel Choral Parents and Friends Association. A shuttle will run from Fox Chapel Area High School to the church starting at 1:15 p.m.
Tamburitzans: 2 p.m. Feb. 17, Cumberland Woods Village, 700 Cumberland Woods Drive, Allison Park. Performance by Pittsburgh's own Tamburitzans. Tickets: $29 (advance), $34 (at door). 877-987-6487. thelegacylineup.com.
Cumberland Wood Village, 700 Cumberland Woods Drive, Allison Park. thelegacylineup.com. Mondays at 2 p.m. Free:
• Feb. 11: “Valentine's Day”
• Feb. 18: “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button”
• Feb. 25: “New in Town”
Father Ryan Arts Center, 420 Chartiers Ave., McKees Rocks. 412-771-3052. FatherRyanArtsCenter.org:
• A Celebration of African American Arts: 2 p.m. Feb. 17. Celebrate the innovative, inspiring and influential contributions of African-American artists with eclectic performances, activities and food.
Cupid's Chase 5K: Registration at 8 a.m., run starts at 10 a.m., Feb. 9, 400 North Shore Drive, Stage AE, Pittsburgh. Benefits Community Options Inc. and people with disabilities. Participants wear an “available” or “unavailable” shirt to display their relationship status. comop.org/cupidschase.
• Feb. 9: 7 p.m. Raffle prizes include gift baskets and gift certificates.
• Feb. 23: 4 p.m. women's game; 7 p.m. men's game. All attendees can participate in the “Three-Point Pledge” and donate a dollar amount for each three-point shot made during both the men's and women's competitions on this day.
Mardi Gras celebration: 7-10 p.m. Feb. 8, Ross Township Community Center, 1000 Ross Municipal Drive, Ross. Music from the North Hills Junior High and Senior High jazz bands. Tickets: $5. Purchase at the door or in advance at firstname.lastname@example.org. Admission includes coffee, punch and dessert assortment. Benefits North Hills music commissioning series.
Blanket drive for homeless: Wexford Chiropractic Centre, 130 Wexford Bayne Road, Wexford. New and used blankets accepted to benefit homeless ministries. 724-935-1610.
Mardi Gras: 6-10 p.m. Feb. 9, St. Mary Mother of God Church, 608 High St., Freeport. Wine tasting and light fare. Donation: $30. Benefits capital improvement fund. Tickets: 724-295-2281 or 724-294-0089.
Veteran Fitness Classes: 4:30-5:30 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays starting Feb. 11, VA Butler Healthcare Auditorium, Building 1, first floor, 325 New Castle Road, Butler. Focuses on ways veterans can live healthier lives and be physically active. prevention.va.gov/Be_Physically_Active.asp. Register at 724-285-2292.
Financial aid workshop: 6:30 p.m. Feb. 12, Northland Public Library, 300 Cumberland Road, Pittsburgh. Planning expert Mike Givvin discusses how to match your financial abilities with college choices. No charge. Reserve seats at ensphere cps.com or 1-888-279-8044.
Pet therapy training: 6:30-7:30 p.m. Mondays, Feb. 4 to 25, Westminster Presbyterian Church, 2040 Washington Road, Upper St. Clair. Certify your dog to visit shut-ins and care facilities. Instructor is certified with Canine Good Citizens and Therapy Dogs International. 412-835-6630. wroc.westminster church.org.
Alzheimer's care training: 6:30-8:30 p.m. Feb. 26, Home Instead Senior Care Center for Training and Education, 2000 Oxford Drive, Suite 415, Bethel Park. How caregivers can manage behaviors, encourage engagement. 412-595-7554. 724-222-7770.
CPR: 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. Feb. 9, West Penn Allegheny Health System, STAR Center, 4900 Friendship Ave., Bloomfield. Courses are two hours long. No registration required. 412-578-5476.
Food safety certification courses: Sponsored by Allegheny County Health Department. For food industry workers. Teaches importance of food safety and techniques designed to prevent food contamination and poisoning. Fee: $60, Allegheny County residents or food industry workers; $75 others. 412-687-2243.
• March 4 and 11: West Penn Hospital, 4800 Friendship Ave., Pittsburgh.
Allegheny Valley Hospital's Destination Wellness, Galleria at Pittsburgh Mills, 590 Mills Circle, Tarentum. 724-274-5202:
• Highmark Personal Nutrition Coaching: One-on-one counseling session by a registered dietitian to address nutritional changes to manage heart disease, diabetes, weight and other health-related issues. Sessions by appointment only. Free for Highmark members, nominal fee for others.
Lifestyle improvement program: 6:30-8:30 p.m. Wednesdays through Feb. 20, Jameson Hospital north campus, first floor, Nutritional Services Dining Room No. 2, 1211 Wilmington Ave., New Castle. Explores nutrition, exercise, stress management and social support. Free for Highmark members, nominal fee for nonmembers. Register at 724-656-4660 or jamesonhealth.org/ornish.
Baldwin Borough Public Library, 41 Macek Drive. 412-885-2255, baldwinborolibrary.org:
• Children's story times: 11:30 a.m.-noon Thursdays for toddlers ages 2 to 3, and 10-10:45 a.m. Fridays for preschoolers 3 and older.
• AARP tax help: 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Thursdays Feb. 7 through April 11. AARP volunteers offer free tax preparation assistance to low- and middle-income taxpayers. First-come, first-served basis. No appointments available.
• Happy Valentine's Day: 6:30 p.m. Feb. 12. Craft, light snack and a visit from the Queen of Hearts.
• Very Merry Un-Valentine's Day To You!: 6:30 p.m. Feb. 13. Teens tired of pink hearts and sickeningly sweet cards can dress in black and come for crafts and snacks.
• Bowling at Legacy Lanes: 1-3 p.m. Feb. 16. Cost: $15 (up to age 12), $20 (age 13 to adult). Includes two hours of bowling shoe rental, pizza and soda. Complete a team application available on website and return to library with payment by Feb. 9.
Brentwood Library, 3501 Brownsville Road. 412-882-5694, brentwoodpubliclibrary.org:
• Card Club: 10 a.m. Mondays.
• Crafters Circle: 6-8 p.m. Mondays.
• Gaming: 3:30-4:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays. For children in kindergarten through fifth grade. Snacks provided.
Bridgeville Public Library, 505 McMillen St. 412-221-3737, bridgevillelibrary.org:
• Scrappy Scrabblers: 1-3 p.m. Fridays. Enjoy an afternoon of Scrabble. New players welcome.
• Computer Basics: 10:30 a.m. Fridays.
• Babies and Books: 10 a.m. Fridays. Stories, songs and finger plays. Infants to age 2, followed by playtime.
Clairton Public Library, 616 Miller Ave. 412-233-7966, clairtonlibrary.org:
• Spring art show and sale: Plans are under way. Local artists invited to leave name and phone number at main desk. No entry fee.
Castle Shannon Library, 3677 Myrtle Ave., Castle Shannon. 412-563-4552. castleshannonlibrary.org:
• Book discussion group: 7 p.m. second Monday of each month.
• Talk of the Town adult discussion group: 6:30 p.m. first Thursday of the month. Dedicated to the art of conversation; discussing topics interesting and important to the community.
• Mystery Book Club: 6:30 p.m. fourth Thursday of the month. New members welcome.
• The Yarn Bunch — Knit and Crochet With Miss Marge: 10 a.m. Saturdays. Call ahead; supplies provided.
Cooper-Siegel Community Library, 403 Fox Chapel Road, Fox Chapel. 412-828-9520, ext. 215; coopersiegelcommunitylibrary.org:
• Story times: 10:30 a.m. Fridays, infants up to 24 months; 10:30 a.m. Mondays and Thursdays, toddlers 24 to 36 months; 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays and 1:30 p.m. Wednesdays, ages 3 to 5.
Cranberry Township Public Library, 2525 Rochester Road, Cranberry. 726-776-9100, ext. 1124. cranberrytownship.org:
• Dinosaur Day: 1-3 p.m. Feb. 16. Alex Gladis will sign his book, “Fossils: In Search of Prehistoric Life.” Everyone receives a fossil.
Hampton Community Library, 3101 McCully Road, Allison Park. 412-684-1098, hamptoncommunitylibrary.org:
• Snowflakes and Stories Winter Storytime: 10:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. Wednesdays through March 20. For children ages 2 to 3.
• Snowman and More Winter Storytime: 10:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. Fridays through March 22. For children ages 3 to 6.
• Books and Blocks: A Mommie and Me Lapsit: 10:30-11 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays through March 21. For moms looking to make friends and build a foundation in literacy with their babies. Children up to 24 months old.
• Star Wars: Young Jedis in Training: 6:30 p.m. Feb. 22. Young Jedis will practice their agility skills, mind control, discipline and light saber skills. For children in first to fourth grades. Cost: $3.
Moon Township Public Library, 1700 Beaver Grade Road, Suite 100. 412-269-0334:
• Winter Reading Club: through March 1. Pick up a book log at the information desk. For every four books read over the next two months, get an entry into a drawing for dinner and a movie. Teens in grades 6-12 welcome.
Northern Tier Regional Library, 4015 Dickey Road, Richland 724-449-2665, northerntierlibrary.org:
• Baby Playtime and Stories: 10:30-11 a.m. Tuesdays through Feb. 19 (no session Jan. 29). Ages 18 months and younger. Siblings welcome. Registration required.
• Toddlers Just Want to Have Fun: 10:30-11:15 a.m. Wednesdays, through Feb. 20 (no session Jan. 30). Ages 18 months-3 1⁄2 years. Siblings welcome. Registration required.
• Are You Ready for Kindergarten?: 4-4:45 p.m. Thursdays, through Feb. 21. Registration required.
• Family Storytime, Learn Spanish: 4-4:45 p.m. Tuesdays, through Feb. 19. (No session Jan. 29.)
• Computer and electronic resource assistance: 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Feb. 7. One-on-one assistance for 20-minute sessions.
• Drop-in crafts: 4-6 p.m. Feb. 11. Simple crafts for all ages.
• Let's Get The Potty Started!: 7 p.m. Feb. 7. Dr. Greg Hoyson of Bellevue Pediatrics discusses toilet training.
Oakmont Carnegie Library, 700 Allegheny River Blvd., Oakmont. 412-828-9532. oakmontlibrary.org:
• Oakmont Fit Club: 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays. Trainer Kevin Fulton conducts free weekly workout sessions.
Penn Hills Library, 1037 Stotler Road. 412-795-3507. pennhillslibrary.org:
• Advanced Knitting Club: 7 p.m. Tuesdays.
• Wednesday Afternoon Book Club: Third Wednesdays.
Peters Township Public Library, 616 E. McMurray Road, Peters. 724-941-9430. ptlibrary.org:
• U.S. Army War College panel: 7-8:30 p.m. Feb. 12. Panelists from the United States Army War College Eisenhower Series College Program will discuss national security and other public policy issues.
• Spa Science: 9:30-9:50 a.m. Saturdays, until Feb. 23 or 2-2:20 p.m. Thursdays, Feb. 7 to 28. Hands-on experience combining mixtures into something everyone in the family can enjoy. Ages 2 to 5 with an adult.
• Afternoon Tea with American Girls: 1-2 p.m. Feb. 9. Doll tea party, craft and favorite stories. For kids and parents of all ages.
• S.A.T. Preparation Workshop: 12:30-3:30 p.m. Sundays, Feb. 10 to March 3. Cost $175. Presented by the Educational Achievement Center.
• Girls' Book Club: 6-7 p.m. Feb. 11. Book for discussion: “Mother Daughter Book Club” by Heather Vogel Frederick. For girls in grades 4 to 6.
• Basic Excel Spreadsheets, Part 2: 7-8:45 p.m. Feb. 12. Cost: $5 payable in advance at the circulation desk.
• Homeschoolers' Group: 2-3 p.m. Feb. 13 and 27. Parents swap ideas while children participate in a librarian-led enrichment class. Parents and children of all ages welcome.
• Teen Valentine's Day Party: 7-8 p.m. Feb. 13. Crafts, movies and more.
• Evening Book Club: 7-8:30 p.m. Feb. 13. Book for discussion: “Saint Maybe” by Anne Tyler.
• Family Story time: 6:30-7:15 p.m. Feb. 14. Love You: a Valentines story time. For kids and parents of all ages
Pleasant Hills Public Library, 302 Old Clairton Road. 412-655-2424, pleasanthillslibrary.org:
• Life-story writing group: 6:30 p.m. second Tuesdays. Help and encouragement for anyone writing or planning to write memoirs or family history.
• Preschool yoga: 1:30 p.m. Wednesdays through Feb. 27. Wear comfy clothes to stretch; bring a large towel or yoga mat. Ages 3 to 6. Register at 412-655-2424 or email@example.com.
• After School Adventures: Candy Concoctions: 4 p.m. Feb. 7. Learn how to make a variety of tasty treats. For children in kindergarten through fifth grade. Donation: $2. Registration required.
• A Heart-y Party: A Family Valentine's Day Celebration: 1:30 p.m. Feb. 9. Celebrate Valentine's Day with crafts, games, stories, and snacks! Donation: $2. Registration required.
• PJ Family Story Time: Strange Love: 7 p.m. Feb. 11. Celebrate the wonder of love through stories, songs, games, crafts and a snack. Wear your PJs.
• Anti-Valentine's Day Fest: 4 p.m. Feb. 14. An anti-mushy festival with food, crafts and games. For students in grades 6 to 12.
Scott Township Public Library, 301 Lindsay Road. 412-429-5380, scottlibrary.org:
• “Scottie's Preschool Story Time”: 10 a.m. Tuesdays, 1 p.m. Wednesdays. Children 3 to 6.
• One-on-one computer training: 8-9 p.m. Mondays. Cost: $5.
Sewickley Public Library, 500 Thorn St. 412-741-6920, sewickleylibrary.org:
• Wise Walks: 9:30 a.m. Thursdays. Participants walk 1 to 2 miles and return to library for a healthy snack.
• Book sale: 9 a.m.-5:30 p.m. Feb. 15, 9 a.m.-4:45 p.m. Feb. 16, 1-4 p.m. Feb. 17.
South Fayette Township Library, 515 Millers Run Road. 412-257-8660, southfayettelibrary.org:
• Chess Club: 6:30-7:30 p.m. Mondays. Children in kindergarten through eighth grade. Registration required.
• Mother Goose Story Time: 10:30-11 a.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Children up to age 3. Songs, finger plays, flannel board stories.
• Tales 'n Tunes Story Time: 10:30-11 a.m. Fridays. For ages 3 to 5 with caregivers. Songs with movements, stories, art activities.
• Math Mites, Level 1-2: 10:30-11 a.m. Thursdays through Feb. 14. (Formerly Preschool Math.) Ages 3-5 and their caregivers. Counting beyond 10, size, measurement, calendars and number order. Registration required; space is limited.
• Magic Dragon Club: 6-7 p.m. First Thursday of the month through April. Grades 1-5. Young artists and writers watch a brief instructional video then work on their own creations. At the April 4 session, students will select their best work and submit it for publication in Magic Dragon magazine. Copies of Magic Dragon are available at the library, or subscribe at magicdragonmagazine.com. Registration required; space is limited.
South Park Township Library, 2575 Brownsville Road, South Park. 412-833-5585. firstname.lastname@example.org:
• Paper Hearts, Magic Potions & Love Songs: 1:30 p.m. Feb. 9. Valentine's Day party for all ages.
• Red and White Afternoon Tea: 2 p.m. Feb. 20. Afternoon of tea and sweets. Bring your favorite teacup .
• How to Appeal Your Property Assessment: 6:30 p.m. Feb. 28. Kenneth R. Behrend and Barbara Ernsberger provide strategies for appealing your property assessment.
• South Park Township Book Club: 7 p.m. Feb. 21. Discussion of “The Keeper of Lost Causes” by Jussi Adler-Olsen.
• Knitting Group: 11 a.m. Feb. 16. For knitters of all skill levels.
• South Park Beading & Design Group: 6 p.m. Feb. 27. Taught by Anne Oyler of 3 Rivers Beading.
Southwestern Pennsylvania Registered Nurses Club: 9:30 a.m. Feb. 19, Hamilton Presbyterian Church, 4500 Baptist Road, Bethel Park. Lisa Hopkins, clinical liaison of Healthsouth Harmarville-Sewickley, discusses “Impact of Hip Fractures in the Elderly.” All registered nurses welcome. 412-341-4207.
Girls of New Vision/Boys of New Vision youth group: 6:30-8:30 p.m. Mondays, New Vision Community Church, 1620 Randolph Lane at Verona Road, Verona. 412-241-6160.
Essential Coffee Hour Bible Study: 9:30-11 a.m. Wednesdays, Wexford Presbyterian Church, 10645 Perry Highway, Wexford. 724-935-5650.
Mommy Matters: 9-11:30 a.m. first and third Tuesdays of each month, Penn Hills Free Methodist Church, 715 Universal Road, Penn Hills. Bible-based support group for mothers. Child care provided. 412-793-7263.
Christ's Church Ministries: 10 a.m. Saturdays, St. James Episcopal Church, 11524 Frankstown Road, Penn Hills. A Christian and Hebraic fellowship. Not affiliated with the Episcopal Church. 412-377-2940.
Celebrate Recovery: 6:30-9 p.m. Wednesdays, Three Rivers Assembly of God, 1030 Jefferson Road, Penn Hills. A Christ-centered drug and alcohol recovery group. 412-372-3453.
Women's Catholic Scripture Study: 1-3 p.m. Tuesdays, St. Scholastica Parish, 309 Brilliant Ave., Aspinwall. Registration fee: $55, includes materials for the 30-week course. 412-963-1931.
Sisters of Divine Providence Lenten Breakfast: 7-9 a.m. Feb. 12, Kearns Spirituality Center, 9000 Babcock Blvd., North Hills. Tickets: $30, includes breakfast. divineprovidenceweb.org.
Living With Integrity: 7:30 p.m. Wednesdays, 10:15 a.m. Sundays, Chabad of the South Hills, 1701 McFarland Road, Mt. Lebanon. Six-week course from the Rohr Jewish Learning Institute explores everyday ethical dilemmas and gives you the tools to deal with them. 412-344-2424. chabadsh.com.
Christian-Jewish Dialogue: Noon Feb. 7, Congregation Beth Shalom, 5915 Beacon St., Squirrel Hill. “Leadership Qualities” presented by Father Radu Bordeianu and Danielle Kranjec. Sponsored by Area Jewish Committee. No charge. 412-605-0816. pajc.net.
Coffee & Contemplation: 9:30-11:30 a.m. Feb. 12, Villa Maria Spirituality and Education Center, 2105 Evergreen Road, Villa Maria. “The Heart of God” presented by Barbara Lenarcic. Registration required. Cost: $7 (program), $12 (lunch and program). 724-964-8886. villaprograms.org.
Hamilton Presbyterian Youth Group: 6:30-8 p.m. Sundays through May, Hamilton Presbyterian Church, 4500 Hamilton Road, Bethel Park. New members wanted. For teens in grades 6 to 12. Snacks, short Bible study, videos, games and conversation. 412-884-2722.
The Bible Chapel, 300 Gallery Drive, Peters. 724-941-8990. biblechapel.org:
• Tender Shepherd Preschool registration: Morning and afternoon sessions includes classes for children ages 3 to 5.
• Income tax preparation: 8:30 a.m.- 2 p.m. Mondays through Fridays, through April 15. Free assistance for senior citizens and people with low incomes.
Westminster Presbyterian Church, 2040 Washington Road, Pittsburgh. 412-835-6630. westminster-church.org:
• English Lute Music and Songs of Love: 7:30 p.m. Feb. 15. Celebrate Valentine's Day with Elizabethan love songs.
• Date Night: 6:30-8:30 p.m. Feb. 15: Celebrate Valentine's Day with your spouse or special someone.
• Mom to Mom: Heart Talk: 8:30-11 a.m. Thursdays, Feb. 21 to May 2. For any mother who wants to share and grow in her job as a mom.
• First Place 4 health free orientation meeting: 9:30-11 a.m. Feb. 28. A Christ-centered health and weight-loss program. Orientation required for new members. Hear testimonies from women who have been through the program and experienced life-changing results.