Things to do
Ukrainian-American Citizens Club, 302 Mansfield Blvd. at Walnut Street, Carnegie: 4-7:30 p.m. Feb. 22, March 1, 8, 15 and 22. Baked cod and baked potato added to menu. Park in lot across Mansfield.
St. Ferdinand Church, Oldenski Hall, 2535 Rochester Road, Cranberry: 4-7 p.m. Fridays during Lent. Takeout available. Cost: $8.50; child dinner $6.60; sandwich $6.50; pizza $4.50.
St. James Parish, 200 Walnut St., Sewickey: 4:30-7:30 p.m. Fridays until March 29. Fish dinners include entrée, two sides and a drink. Prices: $7 to $11. Kids meal: $4. Takeout available. 412-741-6650 ext. 406. saintjames-church.com.
St. Valentine Church, 2710 Ohio St., Bethel Park: 4-7:30 p.m. Fridays during Lent. Fifteen menu items available, including drinks and desserts. Takeout available. 412-851-9176.
St. Mary Catholic Church, 10 St. Mary's Lane, off Route 50, Cecil: 11 a.m.-7:30 p.m. Fridays during Lent, including Good Friday. For takeout, call 412-221-9771. Menu and directions at stmarycecil.org.
St. Sava Serbian Orthodox Church, 901 Hartman St., McKeesport: Noon-6 p.m. Fridays through March 29. 412-664-0820.
American Legion Post 474, West New Castle Street, Zelienople: 4-8 p.m. Fridays through March 29. Cost: $10 adults; $6 children. Ticket and 50/50 auctions. Hosted by Zelie Memorial Skate Park. For carry out, call 724-831-4570.
Good Samaritan Parish, Jericho Hall, Eighth Street and Melrose Avenue, Ambridge: 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Fridays through March 29. Local delivery available, minimum $20, or call for pickup. 724-266-6010. Good Friday pierogi sale, 11 a.m.-5 p.m. March 29, takeout only.
Mount St. Peter Parish, Marble Hall, 100 Freeport Road, New Kensington: 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Fridays through March 22. Local delivery available during lunch hour. To place order, call 724-335-1458 between 10 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. on fish fry days.
St. Alphonsus Catholic Church, 201 Church Road, Pine: 4:30-7 p.m. Fridays through March 29, in the school cafeteria. Order online at stals-wexford.org or, after 2 p.m., call 724-759-8659 or 412-304-1254. Specify pick-up time. Cost: $9 adults; $2 kids; a la carte pricing; and homemade dessert buffet for small donation.
Ford Cliff Volunteer Fire Company, 609 Neal Ave., Ford Cliff: 4-6:30 p.m. Fridays in Lent. All-you-can-eat buffet. Cost: $9.50 adults; $4.50 children. Takeout and delivery to shut-ins. 724-763-1591.
Moon Township Volunteer Fire Company: 11 a.m.–8 p.m. Fridays through March 29, Public Safety Building, 1000 Beaver Grade Road. Takeout available.
St. Alexis Church, 10090 Old Perry Highway, McCandless: 4:30-7:30 p.m. Fridays through March 22. Cost: $9 adults; $6 children younger than 10; free for children younger than 3; sandwich $6; bowl of soup and roll $3. Takeout, 724-401-1379, after 3:30 p.m., or stalexis.org.
Veterans of Foreign Wars Club, Beaver and Ferry streets, Leetsdale: 4:30-7:30 p.m. Fridays through March 29. Sponsored by Leetsdale Fire Department. Takeout or delivery available. 412-716-4776.
Singles Dance: 8 p.m.-midnight Feb. 23, West View VFW, 386 Perry Highway. Giftcard giveaway; free dance lesson at 7:30 p.m. Admission: $8. 724-316-5029 or email@example.com or www.dancetonight.weebly com.
Multicultural Dinner: 6 p.m. Feb. 23, Avonworth High School/Middle School Cafeterias, 258 Josephs Lane, Ohio Township. More than 80 entrees. Performances by Yanlai Dance Academy and Guiding Star Productions. To attend or for additional information contact Dana Hackley, firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-369-8738 ext. 1515.
All you can eat spaghetti dinner: 5-7 p.m. Feb. 21, Chippewa United Methodist Church, 2545 Darlington Road, Beaver Falls. Spaghetti, meatballs, breads, salad, dessert, drinks. Cost: $7 adults; $4 children 11 and younger; $24 family of four. Carry out available.
Craft and vendor show: 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Feb. 23, All Saints Church, Activities Building, Dewey Street, Etna. More than 50 tables. Refreshments and raffles available. Free admission.
Bricks 4 Kidz: 10:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Wednesdays, Cranberry Township Municipal Center, 2525 Rochester Road, Cranberry. Kindergarten students build, learn and play with Lego-brand blocks. For children ages 5 and 6. Cost: $72 for Cranberry residents with resident discount cards; $78 nonresidents. Register at cranberry township.org/programs.
Beaver County Friends of NRA annual banquet: 5 p.m. Feb. 23, Monaca Turners,1700 Brodhead Road, Monaca. Live auction, silent auction and raffles. Tickets: $40. Sit-down dinner. Benefits youth safety training, mentoring, conservation, local gun clubs/ranges and youth teams. Tickets available through friendsofnra.org, email@example.com or 724-544-5964.
Women's book club: 7 p.m. second Tuesday of each month, St. Kilian Parish, 7067 Franklin Road, Cranberry. Anyone who enjoys books and conversation is invited. 724-625-1665.
LifeSpan — Resources and Services for those 60 and older, West Allegheny Library Building, 8042 Steubenville Pike, Imperial. 412-276-5056:
• Bingo: Noon-2 p.m. Mondays, Community Room.
• Line Dance Classes: 9:15-10:15 a.m. Wednesdays, gymnasium. Cost: $3. Call to register.
• Low-impact Aerobics: 9:30-11:30 a.m. Fridays, gymnasium. Free. Spaces available.
Year of the Snake Lunar New Year Banquet Event: Feb. 23, Syria Shriners Center, 1877 Shriners Way, Cheswick. 5 p.m. cash bar; 6 p.m. program and cultural entertainment; 7 p.m. dinner and additional entertainment. Presented by OCA Pittsburgh (formerly the Organization of Chinese Americans, Pittsburgh Chapter). Mandarin style 12-course banquet provided by the Pittsburgh Chinese Restaurant Association. Door prizes, silent auction. Dress: festive and dressy; black tie optional. Cost: $50 OCA member; $60 nonmember; $50 student (Includes one-year OCA membership). Reservations at ocapghpa.org.
Art, music, theater
Tania Grubbs — An innovative approach to the “American Song Books”: 7-9 p.m. Feb.22, Sweetwater Center for the Arts, 200 Broad St., Sewickley. Cost: $18.
Pennsylvania Music Educators Association District 1 Jr. High Band Festival: 2 p.m. Feb. 23, South Fayette High School Theatre, 3640 Old Oakdale Road. Concluding concert. Guest conductor is James Gourlay, music director of the River City Brass Band. Cost: $5. 412-221-4542 ext. 570.
“Seussical, The Musical”: 7:30 p.m. Feb. 22, Feb. 23, March 1, March 2 and 2 p.m. Feb. 24, Greater Pittsburgh Masonic Center, 3579 Masonic Way, Ross. Presented by Vincentian Academy. Tickets: $12 adult; $8 student. VAmusical.org or VincentianTheatre@gmail.com or 412-364-1616 ext. 219.
“Fame – the Play”: 7 p.m. Feb. 21, Feb. 22 and Feb. 23, North Allegheny Intermediate High School Auditorium, 350 Cumberland Road, McCandless. Tickets: $6. Free senior citizens' Gold Card performance 3:30 p.m. Feb. 20. 412-369-5445.
“The Maltese Falcon” (1941): 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. Feb. 21, Hollywood Theater, 1449 Potomac Ave., Dormont. Tickets: $7 adults; $5 children 12 and younger and senior citizens.
Love Knots: 4 p.m. Feb. 24, Wallace Memorial Presbyterian Church Fellowship Hall, 1146 Greentree Road, Green Tree. Vocalists from Bach Choir of Pittsburgh with a program of love songs in a cabaret setting. Appetizers available. Free admission.
St. James Parish Music Plus Series: 3 p.m. Feb. 24, St. James Catholic Parish, 200 Walnut St., Sewickley. “Trio Verlaine” with David Harding, Heidi Krutzen, and Lorna McGhee. Pre-concert from 2:30- 2:50 p.m., featuring Beaver County Flute Choirs. Refreshments and free-will offering accepted. 412-741-6650. saintjames-church.com.
On With the Show: 7 p.m. Feb. 23, Parkwood Church, 4289 Mt. Royal Blvd., Hampton. Singing group performs music for all ages at church's annual Great Night Out. Cost: $15, includes snacks, desserts and beverages. For tickets, call 412-486-9220 on Feb. 21 only.
“The Artist” with Elaine Wertheim: 11 a.m. Feb. 22, Adult Interest Center at Southminster Presbyterian Church, 799 Washington Road, Mt. Lebanon. Art historian and film expert Elaine Wertheim leads a viewing of the winner of the 2012 Academy Award for Best Picture. 412-343-8900.
“New in Town”: 2 p.m. Feb. 25, Free movie at Cumberland Wood Village, 700 Cumberland Woods Drive, Allison Park. thelegacylineup.com.
Pittsburgh Technical Institute Showcase — A Gallery of Art, Technology and Industry: Through April 30, The Mall at Robinson, 100 Robinson Center Drive, Entry C, lower level near Macy's. Displays graphic design, video, and web/interactive work of the recent graduating class of the institute's School of Design.
Exhibition of artworks submitted for Regional Scholastic Art and Writing Awards: 9 a.m.-5 p.m. daily through Feb. 24, Cantellops Gallery and the Zappala College Center, La Roche College, 9000 Babcock Blvd., McCandless. Sponsored by Alliance for Young Artists and Writers, La Roche College and North Allegheny School District. Awards ceremony in the college's Kerr Fitness and Sports Center at 3 p.m. Feb. 24.
Highlands High School presents “Fame”: 7 p.m. March 8 and 9, 2 p.m. March 10, Highlands High School, 1500 Pacific Ave., Natrona Heights. Tickets: $8, reserved; $7, mezzanine; $6, balcony. 724-226-1000.
Mt. Lebanon Winterfest: Noon-3 p.m. Feb. 23, Clearview Commons, Washington Road at Alfred Street, Uptown. Chili cookoff. Handcrafted local beer tasting (additional $10). Presented by Mt. Lebanon Partnership; benefits Relay For Life of Mt. Lebanon. Tickets: $10 in advance at mtlebanon.org; $15 at the gate.
“Hoops For Hope”: 4 p.m. women's game, 7 p.m. men's game, Feb. 23. Robert Morris University, 6001 University Blvd., Moon. Basketball team events benefit A Glimmer of Hope Foundation. Attendees can participate in the “Three-Point Pledge,” donating a dollar amount for each three-point shot made during both competitions. symbolofthecure.com. facebook.com/glimmerofhope.
Blanket drive for homeless: Wexford Chiropractic Centre, 130 Wexford Bayne Road, Wexford. New and used blankets accepted to benefit homeless ministries. 724-935-1610.
College Planning Workshop: 6:30 p.m. Feb. 27, Peters Township Public Library, 616 E. McMurray Road. For parents of high school students. Free, one-hour college funding and financial aid workshop presented by Mike Giffin. Limited seating. Reservations at www.enspherecps.com or 888-279-8044.
Veteran Fitness Classes: 4:30-5:30 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, VA Butler Healthcare Auditorium, Building 1, first floor, 325 New Castle Road, Butler. Focuses on ways veterans can live healthier lives and be physically active. prevention.va.gov/Be_Physically_Active.asp. Register at 724-285-2292.
Food safety certification courses: 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m. March 4 and 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. March 11, West Penn Hospital, 4800 Friendship Ave., Wintergarden Conference Room, Bloomfield. Sponsored by Allegheny County Health Department. For food industry workers. Teaches importance of food safety and techniques designed to prevent food contamination and poisoning. Fee: $60, Allegheny County residents or food industry workers; $75 others. One-day refresher classes on Feb. 25 for workers whose certification has expired at Wildwood Golf Club, 2195 Sample Road, Hampton, and on April 2 at Double Tree Hotel, 500 Mansfield Ave., Green Tree. Fee (includes exam): $55 for people living in the county or working in a food facility here; $70 others. 412-687-2243.
Seniors get fit exercise class: 10 a.m. Wednesdays, West Mifflin Borough Building, 3000 Lebanon Church Road, first floor. Taught by Denice Normandy-Fonzi of Fonzi's Synergy Fitness; offered by CCAC through the Allegheny County Area Agency on Aging's Cultural Enrichment Program. Designed for all levels of senior capabilities, seated or standing. Free to age 60 and older. To register, contact Jessica Gettig at 412-831-7111.
The Salute to Senior Service program, sponsored by Home Instead Inc.: Accepting nominations through March 31 for outstanding senior volunteers age 65 or older who volunteer at least 15 hours a month. Forms and contest rules at SalutetoSeniorService.com. Forms can be mailed to Salute to Senior Service, P.O. Box 285, Bellevue, NE 68005. State winners will be selected by popular vote at SalutetoSeniorService.com. Online voting will take place from April 15-30. A panel of senior care experts will pick the national honoree. Call 412-646-1257 or 412-264-4700.
Free income tax assistance: 8:30 a.m.- 2 p.m. weekdays through April 15, The Bible Chapel, 300 Gallery Drive, Peters. Provided by the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program. Walk-in only, no appointments.
Peace Forum: 3 p.m. Feb. 24, Kearns Spirituality Center, 9000 Babcock Blvd., McCandless. Presented by Pittsburgh North People for Peace. Guest speaker Shannon Smithey, associate professor of political science at Westminster College, will explore the constitutional angle of gun control. Discussion following. Free. 412-367-0383 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Baldwin Borough Public Library, 41 Macek Drive. 412-885-2255, baldwinborolibrary.org:
• Children's story times: 11:30 a.m.-noon Thursdays for toddlers ages 2 to 3, and 10-10:45 a.m. Fridays for preschoolers 3 and older.
• AARP tax help: 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Thursdays through April 11. Free tax preparation assistance to low- and middle-income taxpayers. First-come, first-served basis. No appointments available.
Brentwood Library, 3501 Brownsville Road. 412-882-5694, brentwoodpubliclibrary.org:
• Card Club: 10 a.m. Mondays.
• Crafters Circle: 6-8 p.m. Mondays.
• Gaming: 3:30-4:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays. For children in kindergarten through fifth grade. Snacks provided.
Bridgeville Public Library, 505 McMillen St. 412-221-3737, bridgevillelibrary.org:
• Scrappy Scrabblers: 1-3 p.m. Fridays. Enjoy an afternoon of Scrabble. New players welcome.
• Computer Basics: 10:30 a.m. Fridays.
• Babies and Books: 10 a.m. Fridays. Stories, songs and finger plays. Infants to age 2, followed by playtime.
Clairton Public Library, 616 Miller Ave. 412-233-7966, clairtonlibrary.org:
• Book clubs: 1 p.m. second Tuesday and 9 a.m. third Monday of each month. Coffee and refreshments provided.
• Spring art show and sale: Plans are under way. Local artists invited to leave name and phone number at main desk. No entry fee.
Castle Shannon Library, 3677 Myrtle Ave., Castle Shannon. 412-563-4552. castleshannonlibrary.org:
• Book discussion group: 7 p.m. second Monday of each month.
• Talk of the Town adult discussion group: 6:30 p.m. first Thursday of the month. Dedicated to the art of conversation; discussing topics interesting and important to the community.
• Mystery Book Club: 6:30 p.m. fourth Thursday of the month. New members welcome.
• The Yarn Bunch — Knit and Crochet With Miss Marge: 10 a.m. Saturdays. Call ahead; supplies provided.
Cooper-Siegel Community Library, 403 Fox Chapel Road, Fox Chapel. 412-828-9520, ext. 215; coopersiegelcommunitylibrary.org:
• Story times: 10:30 a.m. Fridays, infants up to 24 months; 10:30 a.m. Mondays and Thursdays, toddlers 24 to 36 months; 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays and 1:30 p.m. Wednesdays, ages 3 to 5.
Cranberry Township Public Library, 2525 Rochester Road, Cranberry. 726-776-9100, ext. 1124. cranberrytownship.org:
• Teen dodge ball tournament: 7-8:30 p.m. Feb. 22, Cranberry Township Municipal Building Gym, 2525 Rochester Road. Divergent Dodgeball, based on “Divergent” by Veronica Roth. Register at 724-776-9100 ext. 1124 or email@example.com.
Hampton Community Library, 3101 McCully Road, Allison Park. 412-684-1098, hamptoncommunitylibrary.org:
• Snowflakes and Stories Winter Storytime: 10:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. Wednesdays through March 20. For children ages 2 to 3.
• Snowman and More Winter Storytime: 10:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. Fridays through March 22. For children ages 3 to 6.
• Books and Blocks: A Mommie and Me Lapsit: 10:30-11 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays through March 21. For moms looking to make friends and build a foundation in literacy with their babies. Children up to 24 months old.
• Star Wars: Young Jedis in Training: 6:30 p.m. Feb. 22. Young Jedis will practice their agility skills, mind control, discipline and light saber skills. For children in first to fourth grades. Cost: $3.
Mars Area Public Library, 107 Grand Ave. marslibrary.org 724-625-9048:
• Careers available in the National Football League: 4:30-5:30 p.m. Feb. 26. Pro Football Hall of Fame live video conferencing program. Part of the library's series “So You Want To Be A …” Register by phone or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Northern Tier Regional Library, 4015 Dickey Road, Richland 724-449-2665, northerntierlibrary.org:
• Are You Ready for Kindergarten?: 4-4:45 p.m. Feb. 21. Registration required.
Oakmont Carnegie Library, 700 Allegheny River Blvd., Oakmont. 412-828-9532. oakmontlibrary.org:
• Oakmont Fit Club: 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays. Trainer Kevin Fulton conducts free weekly workout sessions.
Penn Hills Library, 1037 Stotler Road. 412-795-3507. pennhillslibrary.org:
• Total Body Toning: 7 p.m. Tuesdays. Raylene Cooley. Sign up by calling 412-798-3388.
• Yoga with George Bender: 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays. Sign up by calling 412-793-2108.
• Hercules Boot Camp: 7:30 p.m. Wednesdays. Darille Allen. Sign up by calling 412-307-5404.
• Tai Chi: 10 a.m. Fridays. Connie Ainsworth. Cost: $36 for six classes. Sign up by calling 412-779-3600.
• Zumba: 9 a.m. Saturdays. Gwen Tucker. Sign up by calling 412-277-1677.
• Donna White, Dream Interpretation: 7 p.m. Feb. 21. Cost: $2. Call 412-795-3507.
• Advanced Knitting Club: 7 p.m. Tuesdays.
• Wednesday Afternoon Book Club: Third Wednesdays.
Peters Township Public Library, 616 E. McMurray Road, Peters. 724-941-9430. ptlibrary.org:
• Photography exhibit by Peters Township High School students: 6:30–8 p.m. Feb. 21, opening reception. Exhibit through March 6, Main Lobby. Erin Boni, email@example.com.
• “Choosing Your Best Natural Cosmetics and Skin Products”: 1-2 p.m. Feb. 23. The library's Go Green Club member Pam Kuhn will provide an overview of the revised Environmental Working Group website. Bring a cosmetic or skin product that you would like to learn more about. Register at firstname.lastname@example.org or library's circulation desk or 724-941-9430.
• Spa Science: 9:30-9:50 a.m. Feb. 23 or 2-2:20 p.m. Feb. 21 and Feb. 28. Ages 2 to 5 with an adult.
• S.A.T. Preparation Workshop: 12:30-3:30 p.m. Sundays through March 3. Cost $175. Presented by the Educational Achievement Center.
Pleasant Hills Public Library, 302 Old Clairton Road. 412-655-2424, pleasanthillslibrary.org:
• Life-story writing group: 6:30 p.m. second Tuesdays. Help and encouragement for anyone writing or planning to write memoirs or family history.
• Preschool yoga: 1:30 p.m. Feb. 27. Wear comfy clothes to stretch; bring a large towel or yoga mat. Ages 3 to 6. Register at 412-655-2424 or email@example.com.
Scott Township Public Library, 301 Lindsay Road. 412-429-5380, scottlibrary.org:
• Book discussion: 1:30-2:30 p.m. Feb. 21. This month's selection is “The Flight of Gemma Hardy” by Margot Livesev. More information, Pat Maxwell, 412-429-5380.
• “Scottie's Toddler Storytime:” 10 a.m. second and fourth Mondays. Ages 2 to 3 1⁄2.
• “Scottie's Preschool Story Time”: 10 a.m. Tuesdays, 1 p.m. Wednesdays. Children 3 to 6.
• One-on-one computer training: 8-9 p.m. Mondays. Cost: $5.
Sewickley Public Library, 500 Thorn St. 412-741-6920, sewickleylibrary.org:
• Wise Walks: 9:30 a.m. Thursdays. Participants walk 1 to 2 miles and return to library for a healthy snack.
South Fayette Township Library, 515 Millers Run Road. 412-257-8660, southfayettelibrary.org:
• Chess Club: 6:30-7:30 p.m. Mondays. Children in kindergarten through eighth grade. Registration required.
• Mother Goose Story Time: 10:30-11 a.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Children up to age 3. Songs, finger plays, flannel board stories.
• Tales 'n Tunes Story Time: 10:30-11 a.m. Fridays. For ages 3 to 5 with caregivers. Songs with movements, stories, art activities.
South Park Township Library, 2575 Brownsville Road, South Park. 412-833-5585. firstname.lastname@example.org:
• South Park Township Book Club: 7 p.m. Feb. 21. Discussion of “The Keeper of Lost Causes” by Jussi Adler-Olsen.
Coffee meeting: 9:15 a.m. Feb. 26, Ingomar Elementary School, 602 W. Ingomar Road, McCandless. Raymond Gualtieri, North Allegheny School District superintendent of schools, invites parents and any community members to attend.
Military Wives Club: 11:30 a.m. hospitality, noon luncheon, 1 p.m. program, second Wednesday of each month, September through May, 911th Air Force Reserve Base, Moon. From I-376, take Moon Business Exit 3, from I-376 Business, take Thorn Run Exit, follow signs. Dues: $10 per year. Contact Joan about reservations and questions, 412-279-8424.
Purim Celebaration at Chabad of the South Hills, 1701 McFarland Road, Mt. Lebanon:
• Megillah Reading: 7 p.m. Feb. 23. Followed by festivities featuring The Juggling Rabbi, music, hors d'oeuvres and cocktails. Cost: $18; $54 per family. No charge for the Megillah Reading. 412-344-2424.
• Purim in an Hour: Noon Feb. 24. Megillah Reading at noon followed by Purim buffet to go at 12:30 p.m. No charge.
Kittanning Ministerial Association services on Wednesdays during Lent:
• Noon: Grace Presbyterian Church, corner of Arch and North Jefferson streets, Kittanning.
• 7 p.m.: Salvation Army, 205 S. Jefferson St., Kittanning.
Feast of Purim celebration: 7:30 p.m. Feb. 22, Rock of Ages Alliance Church, 124 Pearl Ave. Cheswick. Presented by Maoz Tzur — Rock of Ages Messianic Jewish Congregation. Theme: Salvation from an Unlikely Source. Music and a light-hearted skit retelling the story of an escape from enemies. Children welcome. Interfaith families welcome. Traditional Hamantaschen (pastries) and other light refreshments served. Free. 412-609-1117 or Abraham@rockofagesmjc.org or www.rockofagesmjc.org.
Essential Coffee Hour Bible Study: 9:30-11 a.m. Wednesdays, Wexford Presbyterian Church, 10645 Perry Highway, Wexford. 724-935-5650.
Mommy Matters: 9-11:30 a.m. first and third Tuesdays of each month, Penn Hills Free Methodist Church, 715 Universal Road, Penn Hills. Bible-based support group for mothers. Child care provided. 412-793-7263.
Christ's Church Ministries: 10 a.m. Saturdays, St. James Episcopal Church, 11524 Frankstown Road, Penn Hills. A Christian and Hebraic fellowship. Not affiliated with the Episcopal Church. 412-377-2940.
Celebrate Recovery: 6:30-9 p.m. Wednesdays, Three Rivers Assembly of God, 1030 Jefferson Road, Penn Hills. A Christ-centered drug-and-alcohol recovery group. 412-372-3453.
Women's Catholic Scripture Study: 1-3 p.m. Tuesdays, St. Scholastica Parish, 309 Brilliant Ave., Aspinwall. Registration fee: $55, includes materials for the 30-week course. 412-963-1931.
Living With Integrity: 7:30 p.m. Wednesdays, 10:15 a.m. Sundays, Chabad of the South Hills, 1701 McFarland Road, Mt. Lebanon. Six-week course from the Rohr Jewish Learning Institute explores everyday ethical dilemmas and gives you the tools to deal with them. 412-344-2424. chabadsh.com.
Hamilton Presbyterian Youth Group: 6:30-8 p.m. Sundays through May, Hamilton Presbyterian Church, 4500 Hamilton Road, Bethel Park. New members wanted. For teens in grades 6 to 12. Snacks, short Bible study, videos, games and conversation. 412-884-2722.
Seven Deadly Sins and Seven Lively Virtues: 7-8:30 p.m. Mondays, Feb. 18 to March 18, St. Louise de Marillac Parish, 320 McMurray Road, Upper St. Clair. DVD study presented by the Rev. Robert Barron. Cost: $15. Registration required at 724-249-3949 or email@example.com or stlouisedemarrilac.org.
Soup and Inspiration: 6-8 p.m. Tuesdays through March 19, Heritage Presbyterian Church, 2262 Rochester Road, Franklin Park. Soups at 6 provided by church members; inspiration at 7 is “With Jesus in the Upper Room.” Free child care available. Registration preferred at 412-366-1338 or firstname.lastname@example.org.