Mt. Lebanon hosts Winterfest
Published: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 7:32 p.m.
Updated: Tuesday, March 5, 2013
Hot chili, cold beer, makes a pefect mix
Mt. Lebanon hosted Winterfest on Saturday, attracting about 500 people to Clearview Commons off Washington Road to taste chili and beer. About 350 tickets were sold for the chili contests and 200 for the beer-brewing contest. The Mt. Lebanon Police Department's chili recipe won a taste-test over the fire department's recipe, while Rania's Catering was voted the best restaurant chili, said Mt. Lebanon spokeswoman Laura Pace Lilley. The event raised about $8,000, part of which will go to Relay for Life Mt. Lebanon, which raises money for cancer prevention.
- Quilters share love of craft during annual Western Pennsylvania Shop Hop
- Carrick couple uncovers rare coin in backyard
- Young achiever: Sarah Treser
- Upper St. Clair resident, 92, utilizing woodworking skills
- Summer reading programs around Pittsburgh combine online, offline worlds
- Lyme disease cases skyrocket
- Allegheny briefs: Foam Fest race geared toward beginners
- Students put the kettle to the metal to get fit
- Hampton-based Aquinas Academy plans expansion
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.