Community holiday celebrations list planned
Communities planning tree-lighting or other holiday kickoff ceremonies are invited to submit details, for a listing to run Nov. 21 and later.
Send information by Nov. 15 to Kim Leonard, assistant metro editor, at email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Museum’s ‘Carnegie Trees’ exhibit shows ‘Winter Wonders’
- Teens elevate Western Pa. communities with Eagle Scout projects
- Decorated World War II veteran gets visit, gift from ex-Steeler
- 50 years later, Vietnam vet gets his degree at Westminster
- More fear ‘tackle’ football too risky for kids
- eReader books also available to borrow at local libraries
- Mt. Lebanon history center project gets OK
- Strong demand in Allegheny limits participation in after-school programs
- Libraries across Western Pennsylvania get dolled up for history
- Home-schooled students from North Hills advance in robotics competition
- Plush penguins for patients keep memory of Monroeville boy alive