Fawn gas drilling to start mid-November
By Kate Wilcox
Published: Wednesday, October 10, 2012, 1:26 a.m.
Updated: Tuesday, February 19, 2013
Gas drilling on Ridge Road in Fawn will begin in mid-November, a spokesman for Range Resources announced.
The Marcellus shale natural gas drilling on private property was delayed, but will be moving along shortly, said Adrian Markocic, public affairs specialist at Range Resources.
Markocic said the company still needs to find a water source for those wells.
In addition to the Ridge Road site, Fawn supervisors in May agreed to lease about three acres of township-owned property to Range for drilling along Alta Vista Drive. That lease includes provisions for a temporary pipeline to deliver water for fracking to the site.
Fawn will receive $3,000 per acre and 18 percent in royalties from the gas extracted on the Alta Vista site in addition to impact fees collected under state law.
Range Resources already has several wells in neighboring Frazer.
Mason Drive under budget
Road work on Mason Drive was completed about $600 under budget, according to the engineer's report. The township used $47,000 from its own coffers to make the repairs, as well as a $64,000 federal Community Development Block Grant.
“It's a rarity to come in under budget,” said Supervisor Jason Davidek. “But it feels good.”
Kate Wilcox is a freelance writer for Trib Total Media.
- Pirates notebook: McCutchen’s strikeout rate plunging
- Pitt stays alive in Big East baseball tournament with 12-inning win over Seton Hall
- MLB notebook: Royals staffer revives fan, 14, after collapse
- Steelers hope new blocking scheme kick-starts running game
- Chartiers Valley’s Coyne enjoys pre-prom celebration at PIAA meet
- Broadwell says she has moved on from scandal
- As nation’s hot spot for disasters, Oklahoma knows how to pull in federal aid
- NHL commissioner Bettman talks Crosby, Olympics, outdoor games
- Illinois closer to concealed carry but it would also end Chicago ban on assault weapons
- Former Bethel Park PTO president charged in theft from organization
- 3 survive plunge off Washington bridge
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.