By Valley News Dispatch
Published: Saturday, November 3, 2012, 9:03 p.m.
Updated: Saturday, November 3, 2012
Medicare enrollment to be workshop topic
Allegheny Valley Hospital's PriorityCare program has partnered with APPRISE and Family Services of Western Pennsylvania to offer a Medicare-enrollment workshop Nov. 13 in the Charles W. Young Conference Center at the Natrona Heights hospital.
Bill McKendree, APPRISE's lead counselor from Family Services, and staff will be at the workshop to to help participants review their Medicare options and complete their enrollment.
Individual appointments, which are required, will be available from 1:30 to 3:45 p.m. the day of the workshop Call 412-661-1438.
Learn about Crohn's, kidney disease
Upcoming programs at Allegheny Valley Hospital's Destination Wellness at Pittsburgh Mills, Frazer, include:
Kidney Smart will be offered from 2 to 4 p.m. Nov. 13 and continue the second Tuesday of each month.
Participants in various stages of chronic kidney disease will learn about kidney function and ways to manage diet and health.
The program is free. Sign up at KidneySmart.org/Class, or call 412-770-7210. Class size limited to 30.
Crohn's Disease Awareness program begins at 6 p.m. Nov. 13.
This free educational program teaches facts about Crohn's disease and offers tips to meet the challenges of living with it. Learn about free educational support and resources.
Call 724-274-5202 to register. The program is limited to 50.
Women with cancer will share stories, hope
ACMH Hospital will host an Evening of Hope at 6 p.m. Nov. 13 in Conference Room 1, second floor, at ACMH Hospital, One Nolte Drive, East Franklin.
The event is sponsored by ACMH Hospital, VNA Hospice Services, Palliative Care, Richard Laube Cancer Center and the American Cancer Society.
Three women touched by cancer will share their stories of hope during a combined support-group dinner.
Make reservations for the potluck dinner meeting by Friday at 724-543-8658. Attendees are asked to bring a side dish or dessert.
- Kovacevic: Matt Cooke 1, Ottawa Senators 0
- Smoking in school costs man more than a fine
- Penguins rout Senators, return to Eastern Conference final
- TreeVitalize beautifies hospital campus
- Alfredsson ponders his future
- 2-time WPIAL champion wrestler Kenney of Connellsville High chooses WVU
- Letang dazzles with dynamic play in Game 5 win
- Marine restores pride of Memorial Day parade on streets of Lawrenceville
- Mix-up at poll could impact Freeport Area School Board race
- Historical societies to honor veterans by marking grave sites in Hempfield
- Springdale grad Killiam shines on diamond for Allegheny
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.