Three injured in Washington Township wreck
Three people were injured in a head-on crash about 8:30 a.m. Wednesday on Route 66 near Pfeffer Road, Washington Township.
Township police Sgt. Jason Montgomery said the crash happened when a pickup driver heading toward Greensburg pulled into the opposite lane to pass.
Christopher Kane, 32, of Pittsburgh was driving a 2009 Chevrolet Avalanche that smashed into a 2006 Chrysler minivan driven by Rita Holtman, 54, of Export, police said.Holtman and two unidentified passengers, both men in their 30s, were flown to Allegheny General Hospital, Pittsburgh, police said. The hospital said later Wednesday that Holtman wasn't listed as a patient there.
Police were withholding the men's names until their families could be notified.
Reported injuries included head injuries and leg fractures.
Police said Kane was uninjured.
Three people were freed from the van by 9 a.m. and awaiting transport via medical helicopters, according to emergency radio reports.
Police continue to investigate.
Churck Biedka is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-226-4711 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Foreign influx in Allegheny County at ‘tipping point’
- 1 intruder killed, other shot and wounded in Carrick home invasion
- Steelers hope new faces breathe life into team
- Steelers’ Spence confident he can avoid injury setbacks
- UPMC, Pittsburgh drop tax-status fight
- Steelers WR Wheaton wants to produce after injury-plagued rookie year
- GM Colbert expects Roethlisberger to end career with Steelers
- Autopsy scheduled on Pleasant Hills man, 95, who died following crash
- Congressmen ask NCAA to relax PSU penalties
- Steelers hope group of low-budget cornerbacks can deliver
- Roethlisberger ‘prays’ he can stay with Steelers when deal expires