Three injured in Washington Township wreck
By Chuck Biedka
Published: Wednesday, November 14, 2012, 9:50 a.m.
Updated: Thursday, November 15, 2012
Three people were injured in a head-on crash about 8:30 a.m. Wednesday on Route 66 near Pfeffer Road, Washington Township.
Township police Sgt. Jason Montgomery said the crash happened when a pickup driver heading toward Greensburg pulled into the opposite lane to pass.
Christopher Kane, 32, of Pittsburgh was driving a 2009 Chevrolet Avalanche that smashed into a 2006 Chrysler minivan driven by Rita Holtman, 54, of Export, police said.Holtman and two unidentified passengers, both men in their 30s, were flown to Allegheny General Hospital, Pittsburgh, police said. The hospital said later Wednesday that Holtman wasn't listed as a patient there.
Police were withholding the men's names until their families could be notified.
Reported injuries included head injuries and leg fractures.
Police said Kane was uninjured.
Three people were freed from the van by 9 a.m. and awaiting transport via medical helicopters, according to emergency radio reports.
Police continue to investigate.
Churck Biedka is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-226-4711 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Steelers notebook: Gilbert hopes to stay on left side of O-line
- Pirates beat Cubs, 4-2, to finish homestand with sweep
- Penguins notebook: Bylsma likes response to adversity
- Whitehall couple sues Pittsburgh zoo over son’s mauling by painted dogs
- Pens will unveil even bigger TV screen for fans in Game 5
- Neal, Iginla get back on track to lead Penguins
- Steelers veteran outside linebacker Woodley: ‘I’m good to go’
- Pirates notebook: Melancon relishes rare save opportunity
- Tsarnaev’s role in triple slayings examined
- Steelers notebook: Slimmed-down Redman optimistic for 2013
- Senators notebook: Anderson will remain in goal
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.