By Valley News Dispatch
Published: Saturday, November 17, 2012, 8:57 p.m.
Updated: Saturday, November 17, 2012
AVH expands treatment of liver disease
Allegheny Valley Hospital is expanding its liver-disease capabilities under the direction of Dr. Ngoc Thai, a nationally recognized liver surgeon and transplantation specialist.
The new AVH Liver Center is an extension of the Liver Center at Allegheny General Hospital in Pittsburgh. There will be a liver-disease clinic for patients twice a month at AVH, and patient treatment will be managed at the local hospital or at Allegheny General Hospital.
For more information, call the liver center at 412-359-6738.
Nutrition coaching through Highmark
Allegheny Valley Hospital's Destination Wellness at Pittsburgh Mills, Frazer, offers Highmark Personal Nutrition Coaching.
This one-on-one counseling session is facilitated by a registered dietitian and is designed to address the nutritional changes needed to manage heart disease, diabetes, weight management and other health-related issues.
Sessions are by appointment only. There is no fee for Highmark members; a nominal fee for non-Highmark members. Call 724-274-5202 for an appointment or details.
— Staff reports
- Steelers notebook: Slimmed-down Redman optimistic for 2013
- Steelers’ Polamalu trim, fit as he arrives for OTAs
- Steelers quarterback Roethlisberger likes the revamped offense
- Penguins notebook: Morrow sits; Bylsma changes lineup
- Mayoral nominee Peduto plans city hall house-cleaning if he’s elected
- Pirates notebook: Morton could be back in early June
- Neal’s solid play soon could pay off on scoresheet for Penguins
- Couple accused of abusing adopted kids moving in with parents
- Schools crucial in keeping patriotism, flag etiquette alive among nation’s youth
- Senators notebook: Stone gets call in place of Conacher
- DVD reviews: ‘The Last Stand,’ ‘Side Effects’ and ‘Parker’
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.