Evankovich offers rides for residents to obtain voter IDs
By Valley News Dispatch
Published: Thursday, October 4, 2012, 1:46 a.m.
Updated: Tuesday, February 19, 2013
State Rep. Eli Evankovich is offering free transportation for residents who still want to obtain a voter identification card.
Although photo ID is not required for the November General Election due to a recent Commonwealth Court ruling, identification likely will be required in future elections, said Evankovich, R-Murrysville.
The voter ID event is set for Friday, Oct. 12.
But those who want to participate need to register by 4 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 9 by calling Evankovich's district office at 724-335-2790.
Residents should report to one of five Westmoreland County Housing Authority facilities to be transported to the PennDOT Driver License Center on Greensburg Road in Plum.
“The state has streamlined the application process, making it easier to obtain the proper identification,” Evankovich said in a news release announcing the event.
Residents will need to provide their name, date of birth, Social Security number and address to qualify for a voter ID card. Proof of residency is not required.
Evankovich credited Melvyn Smith, a member of the Elks Valley Lodge 294, and the New Kensington Eagles Club for helping to organize the event.
- Tarentum man charged with Tuesday’s bank robbery in Harrison
- Woman cut from car after Washington Township wreck
- Jefferson Township equine rescue takes in 10 more horses
- Kinloch Firemen’s Park makeover off to good start
- GOP mayoral hopeful has strong showing in Saxonburg
- Former Springdale police officer charged with drug possession, stealing badge
- Cops seeking Harrison bank robber
- Man, woman arrested in Harrison heroin bust
- Indiana Township bar, padlocked, to reopen
- Springdale wants retiring police chief’s help with transition
- NTSB issues report on plane crash that killed 3 Kiski Valley residents
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.