Fawn gas drilling to start mid-November
By Kate Wilcox
Published: Wednesday, October 10, 2012, 1:26 a.m.
Updated: Tuesday, February 19, 2013
Gas drilling on Ridge Road in Fawn will begin in mid-November, a spokesman for Range Resources announced.
The Marcellus shale natural gas drilling on private property was delayed, but will be moving along shortly, said Adrian Markocic, public affairs specialist at Range Resources.
Markocic said the company still needs to find a water source for those wells.
In addition to the Ridge Road site, Fawn supervisors in May agreed to lease about three acres of township-owned property to Range for drilling along Alta Vista Drive. That lease includes provisions for a temporary pipeline to deliver water for fracking to the site.
Fawn will receive $3,000 per acre and 18 percent in royalties from the gas extracted on the Alta Vista site in addition to impact fees collected under state law.
Range Resources already has several wells in neighboring Frazer.
Mason Drive under budget
Road work on Mason Drive was completed about $600 under budget, according to the engineer's report. The township used $47,000 from its own coffers to make the repairs, as well as a $64,000 federal Community Development Block Grant.
“It's a rarity to come in under budget,” said Supervisor Jason Davidek. “But it feels good.”
Kate Wilcox is a freelance writer for Trib Total Media.
- Harrison’s Heights Plaza Shopping Center looking to bounce back
- Couple charged with Tuesday’s bank robbery in Harrison
- 3 arrested in break-in at Allegheny Ludlum plant
- Alle-Kiski Valley pools gear up for summer crowds
- Jefferson Township equine rescue takes in 10 more horses
- Tornado’s lessons not lost on Alle-Kiski Valley schools
- Cops seeking Harrison bank robber
- NK-Arnold OKs proposed tax hike
- Woman cut from car after Washington Township wreck
- Former Springdale police officer charged with drug possession, stealing badge
- Indiana Township bar, padlocked, to reopen
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.