AVH expands treatment of liver disease
Allegheny Valley Hospital is expanding its liver-disease capabilities under the direction of Dr. Ngoc Thai, a nationally recognized liver surgeon and transplantation specialist.
The new AVH Liver Center is an extension of the Liver Center at Allegheny General Hospital in Pittsburgh. There will be a liver-disease clinic for patients twice a month at AVH, and patient treatment will be managed at the local hospital or at Allegheny General Hospital.
For more information, call the liver center at 412-359-6738.
Nutrition coaching through Highmark
Allegheny Valley Hospital's Destination Wellness at Pittsburgh Mills, Frazer, offers Highmark Personal Nutrition Coaching.
This one-on-one counseling session is facilitated by a registered dietitian and is designed to address the nutritional changes needed to manage heart disease, diabetes, weight management and other health-related issues.
Sessions are by appointment only. There is no fee for Highmark members; a nominal fee for non-Highmark members. Call 724-274-5202 for an appointment or details.
— Staff reports
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Harrison rejects criticism of disorderly conduct ordinance
- Drownings surge in Pennsylvania over past 2 years
- Labor United Celebration draws 25,000 to Northmoreland Park
- 3 wrecks Saturday keep emergency responders busy
- Apollo Council, solicitor prepare vacancy ordinance
- Suspended Gilpin police officers to have their say
- ‘He’s still a part of this team’: Burrell honors player who died during preseason
- Deer Lakes teachers authorize strike if contract not reached by Christmas
- Versatile U-PARC houses productive assortment
- Burrell, psychologist settle lawsuit
- Burglaries in Oakmont similar to break-ins in other communities