4-vehicle accident injures 3 in Plum
By Liz Hayes
Published: Thursday, December 6, 2012, 12:21 a.m.
Updated: Thursday, December 6, 2012
Plum police said two people were flown to Pittsburgh-area hospitals Wednesday afternoon following a four-vehicle accident on Greensburg Road.
Sgt. Jay Kapusta said the driver of a Mercedes sport-utility vehicle apparently lost control on a bend near the ECM Transport trucking facility on Greensburg Road (Route 366) about 2:40 p.m.
The SUV, which was heading southeast toward Route 380, collided with an oncoming minivan. The SUV also hit a Ford F-150 pickup truck and a Mazda hatchback as it spun out and rolled over.
Kapusta said three adults were injured, two seriously enough to warrant medical helicopters.
Their injuries are not believed to be life-threatening; conditions of the injured were not known Wednesday evening.
The identities of those involved were not immediately available; police still were investigating whether charges were warranted.
Kapusta said the investigation was complicated somewhat by the fact that the four people in the SUV spoke Slovak and very little English.
Traffic on Greensburg Road was tied up for about an hour while the vehicles were towed away.
Liz Hayes is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 724-226-4680 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Former Springdale police officer charged with drug possession, stealing badge
- Springdale wants retiring police chief’s help with transition
- Jefferson Township equine rescue takes in 10 more horses
- Christy posts easy win in Fawn
- Kinloch Firemen’s Park makeover off to good start
- Man, woman arrested in Harrison heroin bust
- GOP mayoral hopeful has strong showing in Saxonburg
- Cops seeking Harrison bank robber
- Buffalo Township sewer plant won’t be constructed near trail
- New Kensington Council incumbents triumph
- More water tests scheduled at nuke waste dump
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.