4-vehicle accident injures 3 in Plum
Plum police said two people were flown to Pittsburgh-area hospitals Wednesday afternoon following a four-vehicle accident on Greensburg Road.
Sgt. Jay Kapusta said the driver of a Mercedes sport-utility vehicle apparently lost control on a bend near the ECM Transport trucking facility on Greensburg Road (Route 366) about 2:40 p.m.
The SUV, which was heading southeast toward Route 380, collided with an oncoming minivan. The SUV also hit a Ford F-150 pickup truck and a Mazda hatchback as it spun out and rolled over.
Kapusta said three adults were injured, two seriously enough to warrant medical helicopters.
Their injuries are not believed to be life-threatening; conditions of the injured were not known Wednesday evening.
The identities of those involved were not immediately available; police still were investigating whether charges were warranted.
Kapusta said the investigation was complicated somewhat by the fact that the four people in the SUV spoke Slovak and very little English.
Traffic on Greensburg Road was tied up for about an hour while the vehicles were towed away.
Liz Hayes is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 724-226-4680 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 3 charged in East Deer home invasion
- Authorities investigating grocery store robberies Plum, Monroeville
- 4 plead guilty to charges of luring, beating man at Harrison gas station
- Return of Verona’s Doughboy statue delayed
- Valley reaches out to brighten East Deer cancer patient’s holiday
- Generous Leechburg boy receives Christmas surprise from secret Santa
- Hays ‘eagle cams’ reinstalled for 2015 nesting season
- Bed and breakfast proposed at former Liperote Mansion in South Buffalo Township
- New Kensington-Arnold confronts ‘frightening’ budget situation
- Harmar to consider offer to drill under township land
- Arnold Stop-n-Go robbed