4-vehicle accident injures 3 in Plum
Plum police said two people were flown to Pittsburgh-area hospitals Wednesday afternoon following a four-vehicle accident on Greensburg Road.
Sgt. Jay Kapusta said the driver of a Mercedes sport-utility vehicle apparently lost control on a bend near the ECM Transport trucking facility on Greensburg Road (Route 366) about 2:40 p.m.
The SUV, which was heading southeast toward Route 380, collided with an oncoming minivan. The SUV also hit a Ford F-150 pickup truck and a Mazda hatchback as it spun out and rolled over.
Kapusta said three adults were injured, two seriously enough to warrant medical helicopters.
Their injuries are not believed to be life-threatening; conditions of the injured were not known Wednesday evening.
The identities of those involved were not immediately available; police still were investigating whether charges were warranted.
Kapusta said the investigation was complicated somewhat by the fact that the four people in the SUV spoke Slovak and very little English.
Traffic on Greensburg Road was tied up for about an hour while the vehicles were towed away.
Liz Hayes is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 724-226-4680 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Flurry of business activity enlivening quaint Saxonburg
- Salvation Army taking iconic red kettles online
- Meals delivery on holiday helps to remember Penn Hills boy who drowned
- Apollo-Ridge Education Foundation donates $12,000 to revamping middle school library
- Middle schoolers stem STEM Challenge at Penn State New Kensington
- New Kensington homicide suspect faces trial on tampering charge
- Brackenridge high-rise infested with bed bugs
- Positives seen despite Valley Junior-Senior High School performance scores
- Alle-Kiski Valley slips into the holiday spirit with Light Up Night festivities
- Allegheny Twp. residents challenge legality of drilling in neighborhoods
- Rates rise for Upper Allegheny customers