Charges pending in retired Leechburg librarian’s death
By Mary Ann Thomas
Published: Friday, December 14, 2012, 1:11 a.m.
Updated: Friday, March 29, 2013
Leechburg police are investigating the death of resident Linda A. Lucchino, 64, who died Tuesday, two months after she was hit by a car while crossing the street to reach a beauty shop in the borough.
Armstrong County District Attorney Scott Andreassi said charges are pending in connection with her death.
Leechburg police Chief Mike Diebold said that the accident is under investigation.
He declined to release details.
According to relatives, Lucchino, a retired librarian for the Apollo-Ridge School District, was on her way to her weekly beauty salon appointment on the morning of Oct. 6. She had parked her car and was crossing the street when she was struck.
“She was active and loved by a lot of people,” said Linda's cousin, Joseph Lucchino of Harrison. “She still had time, and the tragedy is that she won't be around.”
Linda Lucchino had been hospitalized since the accident and died in the Good Samaritan Hospice Unit of Concordia Lutheran Ministries, Jefferson Township, according to family.
Following retirement, Linda Lucchino was a substitute teacher for various area school districts.
She worshipped at Christ the King Parish in Gilpin Township, where she sang in the church choir. Lucchino was a member of the Marconi Club Auxiliary and Marconi Ladies Boccie Team in Leechburg.
Visitation is today in a Leechburg funeral home. A Christian Funeral Mass will be celebrated Saturday at 10 a.m. in Christ the King Parish, 125 Park Road, Gilpin Township. Interment will follow in St. Catherine Cemetery, Gilpin Township.
Mary Ann Thomas is a staff writer for Trib Total Media.
- Study finds concerns in water quality
- Winfield Township places liens on 33 properties to secure sewer tap-in fees
- Alcoa employee devoted to job, community
- New Kensington police investigate infant’s death
- Families can fish for fun at Northmoreland Park lake
- 2-vehicle crash sends minivan into Winfield Township bagel shop
- Remember When: Sermon presented to graduates
- Couple charged with Tuesday’s bank robbery in Harrison
- Cops seeking Harrison bank robber
- Saxonburg mayoral result for Democratic nomination up in the air
- 3 arrested in break-in at Allegheny Ludlum plant
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.