By Karen Motosicky
Published: Monday, December 31, 2012, 9:01 p.m.
Updated: Monday, December 31, 2012
Art groups set ‘Create Tomorrow' poster contest
The Art Institute of Pittsburgh and Americans for the Arts, the nation's leading nonprofit organization for advancing the arts and arts education, is accepting entries for the 2013 Poster Design Competition through Jan. 31.
The competition challenges high-school seniors and high-school graduates from the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico to design a poster that best expresses the theme “You Can Create Tomorrow.”
Contestants will compete in two categories: high-school senior or high-school graduate/adult. The local high-school senior winner receives a tuition scholarship of up $3,000; the adult winner gets a $1,000 scholarship to attend The Art Institute school they represent. Both winners advance to national competition for a chance at a full-tuition scholarship (high-school senior) or $10,000 tuition scholarship (high-school graduate/adult) at The Art Institute. Details: www.AiCompetitions.com/poster
Lego Play Days planned at Ford City Library
Ford City Library will host Lego Play Day for preschoolers from 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. Wednesdays, beginning in January.
Come in and play in the children's play area at the library, 1136 Fourth Ave. Details: 724-763-3591
— Staff reports
- Highlands School Board member to remain as coach
- Plum assault suspect back in jail
- Police: Man set fires in Natrona trash cans
- Lower Burrell Zoning Board backs tire shop
- Kiski Area School District focuses on security
- Sojourners make a big splash
- Plum neighbor’s 911 fire call answered with recording
- Leechburg Area to drop food service, resume operation of cafeteria
- Indiana Township bar, padlocked, to reopen
- NTSB issues report on plane crash that killed 3 Kiski Valley residents
- K9 patrols return in Lower Burrell
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.