Kittanning man dies in Indiana County crash
By Chuck Biedka
Published: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 10:14 a.m.
Updated: Wednesday, February 6, 2013
A 31-year-old Kittanning man died in a head-on crash on Route 422 in Indiana County on Tuesday night.
Indiana County Coroner Michael A. Baker said Brendon Scott Miller, of 725 Woodward Ave., Kittanning, died at the accident scene along Cunningham Road in Armstrong Township, Indiana County, at about 10:47 p.m.
State police said Miller was driving a westbound 2005 Chevrolet Cavalier that crossed the center line into the path of an eastbound 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt driven by a 25-year-old Ashley Black of Indiana, Pa.
Black was taken to UPMC Mercy Hospital, Pittsburgh, where her unborn child died, according to an Allegheny County deputy medical examiner.
A 3-year-old girl in her car was in a child safety seat and suffered minor injuries, police said.
A spokesman for Black's mother, Kathleen Stancombe, said Black was out of surgery and was recovering.
Police said Miller and Black weren't wearing seat belts.
Tpr. John Matchik said police are still investigating why Miller's car crossed road.
“There were no brake or skid marks,” he said.Matchik said evidence shows Black apparently moved to the right in an attempt to avoid the collision.
After impact. Miller's car spun around and stopped facing across the lanes.
Black's car was pushed backward into the guardrail.
Chuck Biedka is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-226-4711 or email@example.com.
- Police find burglary suspect’s cellphone at Brackenridge crime scene
- Camp’s growth a credit to Springdale community
- Quick-hitting storm dumps rain on Valley
- Burrell approves tax increase of about 2%
- Cheswick Council agrees to buy firetruck
- Deer’s visit could force changes at Apollo-Ridge High School
- Farmers and Merchants Bank moves into Freeport
- Apollo-Ridge, teachers lock up 5-year contract
- Slain Brackenridge woman’s family still seeks justice
- Remember When: A look at the Valley’s past in the language of the times
- Kiski Area Upper Elementary School on schedule to open for next academic year
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.