Authorities seeking New Kensington bank robber
A lone robber took an undisclosed amount of cash from First Niagara Bank, 333 Freeport St., New Kensington, just before 4 p.m. Monday.“He handed a note to a clerk. It demanded money, and it said he had a gun,” police Detective Sgt. Dino DiGiacobbe said.
The robber didn't show a weapon.
No customers were in the bank, and the two clerks were unharmed, police said.
Police said the man left the bank and got inside a dark-colored small car with a hatchback.
He was last seen driving along Freeport Street in a snow squall.
Police described the robber as a bald, white man, maybe in his 40s, who wore a dark police-type jacket.
The man is about 5-foot-7 and 180 to 200 pounds.
Police are working with the FBI and circulating a surveillance photo to area police.
The branch was last robbed in 2008.
Anyone with information is asked to call police at 724-339-7533.
Chuck Biedka is a staff writerfor Trib Total Media. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Drownings surge in Pennsylvania over past 2 years
- 3 wrecks Saturday keep emergency responders busy
- Suspended Gilpin police officers to have their say
- Teachers, support personnel negotiate in 6 Alle-Kiski Valley school districts
- Harrison schedules public hearing for Sheetz-CVS proposal
- Saxonburg police to take citizens behind the scenes with citizens ‘academy’
- Versatile U-PARC houses productive assortment
- Parks woman accused of burglarizing house
- New Kensington-Arnold continues to shuffle security staff
- New Ken-Arnold board asked to mediate between football groups
- Burglaries in Oakmont similar to break-ins in other communities