Route 28 North closed for an hour Monday at Route 8 interchange
Published: Monday, February 25, 2013, 10:00 a.m.
Updated: Tuesday, February 26, 2013
Route 28 was closed for about an hour Monday morning as state police investigators reconstructed a fatal accident.PennDOT said the closure was between the Route 8/Etna interchange and the Highland Park Bridge. Traffic was detoured using the 62nd Street Bridge to Butler Street to the Highland Park Bridge. The on-ramp from Route 8 to northbound Route 28 also was closed.Drivers were told to expect significant delays and possible stop conditions. They were advised to consider alternate routes.Police were investigating the Feb. 16 fatal accident on Route 28 that claimed the life of Rikki A. Fleming, 18, of Etna. She died when the car she was driving north on Route 28 about a half mile north of the Etna interchange was hit from behind by a vehicle driven by Jared P. Schillinger, 28, of Cheswick.Police have not filed any charges in the crash.
- Tarentum man charged with Tuesday’s bank robbery in Harrison
- Woman cut from car after Washington Township wreck
- Former Springdale police officer charged with drug possession, stealing badge
- Jefferson Township equine rescue takes in 10 more horses
- Springdale wants retiring police chief’s help with transition
- Cops seeking Harrison bank robber
- GOP mayoral hopeful has strong showing in Saxonburg
- Buffalo Township sewer plant won’t be constructed near trail
- State chamber leader mixed on government efforts
- Christy posts easy win in Fawn
- More water tests scheduled at nuke waste dump
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.