Washington Twp. man, 50, accused of molesting child
By Chuck Biedka
Published: Saturday, March 2, 2013, 1:51 a.m.
Updated: Saturday, March 2, 2013
A 50-year-old Washington Township man is accused of molesting a 9-year-old boy last fall.
James Lynn, of the 1700 block of Washington Road, was arraigned before Washington Township District Judge Jason Buczak, who ordered him sent to the Westmoreland County jail in lieu of $100,000 bond pending a preliminary hearing.
According to an affidavit, Lynn allegedly touched a boy who stayed the night with the boy's friend at Lynn's house several times, including Aug. 1 when the offenses allegedly occurred. The victim told police that during one such overnight visit, he fell asleep on Lynn's couch and woke up to find Lynn lying on the couch, fondling him as he slept.
The boy said Lynn stopped when he confronted the suspect.In the affidavit, Lynn told police he went to the bathroom that night and then sat on the couch, where he fell asleep.
Lynn said the boy woke him up by “telling him that his hand was on his privates.”
Lynn is charged with indecent assault on a person younger than 13, corruption of minors by an adult and endangering the welfare of a child.
Chuck Biedka is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-226-4711 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Alcoa employee devoted to job, community
- Study finds concerns in water quality
- Winfield Township places liens on 33 properties to secure sewer tap-in fees
- 2-vehicle crash sends minivan into Winfield Township bagel shop
- New Kensington police investigate infant’s death
- Remember When: Sermon presented to graduates
- Families can fish for fun at Northmoreland Park lake
- PIAA board delays vote on Leechburg switch
- Harrison commissioners considering paving bids
- Mix-up at poll could impact Freeport Area School Board race
- Cops seeking Harrison bank robber
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.