Washington Twp. man, 50, accused of molesting child
A 50-year-old Washington Township man is accused of molesting a 9-year-old boy last fall.
James Lynn, of the 1700 block of Washington Road, was arraigned before Washington Township District Judge Jason Buczak, who ordered him sent to the Westmoreland County jail in lieu of $100,000 bond pending a preliminary hearing.
According to an affidavit, Lynn allegedly touched a boy who stayed the night with the boy's friend at Lynn's house several times, including Aug. 1 when the offenses allegedly occurred. The victim told police that during one such overnight visit, he fell asleep on Lynn's couch and woke up to find Lynn lying on the couch, fondling him as he slept.
The boy said Lynn stopped when he confronted the suspect.In the affidavit, Lynn told police he went to the bathroom that night and then sat on the couch, where he fell asleep.
Lynn said the boy woke him up by “telling him that his hand was on his privates.”
Lynn is charged with indecent assault on a person younger than 13, corruption of minors by an adult and endangering the welfare of a child.
Chuck Biedka is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-226-4711 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Photo of suspect in Greendale Tavern burglary/fire released
- Flurry of business activity enlivening quaint Saxonburg
- New Kensington homicide suspect faces trial on tampering charge
- Apollo-Ridge Education Foundation donates $12,000 to revamping middle school library
- Freezing rain menaces Alle-Kiski Valley roadways
- Salvation Army taking iconic red kettles online
- Frankstown Acres parents pleased — kids stay at Center Elementary
- Meals delivery on holiday helps to remember Penn Hills boy who drowned
- Oakmont welcomes leashed dogs to Dark Hollow Park
- Alle-Kiski Valley slips into the holiday spirit with Light Up Night festivities
- Strong winds rattle Alle-Kiski Valley