Washington Twp. man, 50, accused of molesting child
A 50-year-old Washington Township man is accused of molesting a 9-year-old boy last fall.
James Lynn, of the 1700 block of Washington Road, was arraigned before Washington Township District Judge Jason Buczak, who ordered him sent to the Westmoreland County jail in lieu of $100,000 bond pending a preliminary hearing.
According to an affidavit, Lynn allegedly touched a boy who stayed the night with the boy's friend at Lynn's house several times, including Aug. 1 when the offenses allegedly occurred. The victim told police that during one such overnight visit, he fell asleep on Lynn's couch and woke up to find Lynn lying on the couch, fondling him as he slept.
The boy said Lynn stopped when he confronted the suspect.In the affidavit, Lynn told police he went to the bathroom that night and then sat on the couch, where he fell asleep.
Lynn said the boy woke him up by “telling him that his hand was on his privates.”
Lynn is charged with indecent assault on a person younger than 13, corruption of minors by an adult and endangering the welfare of a child.
Chuck Biedka is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-226-4711 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Allegheny Valley Hospital names New Kensington man CEO
- Pa. commission dismisses ethics complaints against West Deer officials
- Gaschler, 19, expects to be able to balance college, school board duties
- Lancers headed to fourth consecutive WPIAL title game
- Lower Burrell Zoning Hearing Board to rule on Little League ballfield lights
- Oakmont, Kiski Township election results finalized
- West Deer residents voice opposition to proposed events center
- Richland Township attorneys to meet in district judge race
- New Kensington-Arnold contests seat 3 of 5
- Write-ins carry day in Springdale
- Heated discussion causes ruckus at Springdale polling station