East Deer woman faces DUI charges from wild Route 28 wreck
An East Deer woman faces drunken driving charges after a wild accident on Route 28 in which she rolled her vehicle and it rode along the guard rail before catching fire.
Renee M. Nacy, 46 of Creighton, allegedly had a blood-alcohol content in excess of .08 after blood tests were taken at a Pittsburgh hospital, state police said.
According to a trooper who witnessed the accident, Nacy was driving a 2012 Kia Optima northbound on Route 28 about a half-mile south of the Harmar exit just before 1 a.m.
The vehicle went off the roadway into a ditch, then up a hillside. It then came down and went onto a guard rail on the driver's side for more than 100 feet before rolling across all three road lanes on its roof and catching fire.
A trooper who was trying to extinguish the fire then observed Nacy walking away from the accident and placed her in custody.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- U-PARC gives NEP Broadcasting space to grow
- Drownings surge in Pennsylvania over past 2 years
- Suspended Gilpin police officers to have their say
- Versatile U-PARC houses productive assortment
- 3 wrecks Saturday keep emergency responders busy
- TCS transcends small beginnings
- Harmar police make 2 drug arrests as part of crackdown on crime
- Saxonburg police to take citizens behind the scenes with citizens ‘academy’
- ‘He’s still a part of this team’: Burrell honors player who died during preseason
- New Kensington-Arnold continues to shuffle security staff