Crash on Route 56 in New Kensington
Ciera Hilty, 18, of Blacks Hollow Road, Kiski Township, was injured on Tuesday when the car she was driving rolled over along the Route 56 Bypass across from Memorial Park in New Kensington, police said. According to police, Hilty was in the right lane near the bend when she cut over to left lane and lost control of her car. She was taken to Allegheny Valley Hospital, Harrison, where she was treated and released.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Long-awaited bridge expected to be completed in June
- Filming for Cinemax TV series to divert traffic in Allegheny Township
- FirstEnergy halfway into 72-day, $60 million upgrade of Springdale facility
- State’s homeless rate begins to decrease
- Volunteers devote day to furthering projects in A-K Valley
- Leechburg man held for trial in fatal wreck
- Buffalo Township supervisors challenged in primary
- Gas industry, rural character top Winfield candidates’ list
- Driver of pickup truck dies following crash into New Kensington house
- Arnold fireman falls from truck
- Indiana Township couple face illegal prescription charges