Two youths nabbed in Jeannette for Arnold carjacking
Three youths carjacked an Arnold woman's car at gunpoint Monday morning, Arnold police said.
Two suspects were arrested within an hour. The woman was not hurt, according to police.
The handgun, police said, turned out to be a pellet gun.The woman's maroon Volvo was spotted by a Jeannette police officer about 45 minutes after the carjacking.
After a chase, two suspects were arrested. A third youth ran, and police are looking for him.
Arnold police Chief Willie Weber said the incident unfolded while a woman was unloading her car in the 1500 block of Fifth Avenue about 10:15 a.m.
“They walked up to her and said they wanted the car,” Weber said. “They showed her a gun, and she wisely gave them the keys. She wasn't harmed.”
The woman called police and, within minutes, police sent an alert to other police departments.
“A Jeannette officer spotted the car and read the license plate,” Weber said. “It was the car we were looking for.”
The weapon found turned out to be a pellet gun that looked like a real gun, Weber said.
The two youths — one from Arnold, the other from Jeannette — are 16 and 17. They will be charged as juveniles for armed robbery, Weber said.Jeannette police didn't return calls for comment.
Chuck Biedka is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-226-4711 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Seven in custody after New Kensington drug raid
- Harrison woman dead in 3-car crash in Natrona Heights
- Stretch of Freeport Road rezoned
- Armstrong County to try Welshman on indecent assault, related charges
- New Kensington officials eager to demolish 3 fire-ravaged buildings
- Kiski Area sells school building
- Allegheny Valley board reduces transfer to $1.5M
- Impact fees benefit Alle-Kiski Valley
- Most wanted fugitive caught in New Kensington
- Oakmont Council meeting becomes heated
- Cookies for Our Troops marches on