Police search for South Buffalo hit-and-run driver
State police were looking Friday morning for the driver of a car that did not stop after hitting a bicyclist on Freeport Road in South Buffalo Township.
Police said Brian Edward Weiland, 46, of Fenelton was riding south on the right side of the southbound lane of Freeport Road about 6:30 a.m. He was hit from behind by a vehicle heading in the same direction just south of Iron Bridge Road.
Weiland was hit by the passenger side mirror, knocked from his bicycle and suffered a severe cut on his neck. He was taken to Allegheny Valley Hospital in Harrison for treatment.
Police said the injury was not life-threatening.
The vehicle is believed to be a white, 1982 to 1994 Chevy Cavalier or Pontiac Sunfire.
It may have damage to its front passenger side and may be missing the passenger-side mirror.
Anyone with information is asked to contact state police at 724-543-2011.
Brian C. Rittmeyer is a staff writer for Trib Total Media.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Apollo Borough embarks on rental reform with notices to landlords
- South Buffalo Township woman accused of stealing nearly $13K from employer
- New Kensington-Arnold principals given new duties to reflect realignment
- Lower Burrell’s Bill ‘Bub’ Hess, a sports lover dedicated to being helpful
- Tarentum man wants confiscated cash back so he can hire attorney
- EPA finds no contamination from Parks Township nuclear dump