Hearing continued in Arnold man's rape case
The preliminary hearing for an Arnold man charged with assaulting and raping a girl last month has been continued as the defendant obtains an attorney.
New Kensington Judge Frank J. Pallone Jr. on Thursday continued the hearing of Aaron Michael McFadden, 20, of 1393 Fourth Ave., so he can apply for a public defender. The hearing is set for 10:30 a.m. Sept. 5.
Arnold police have charged McFadden with aggravated assault with a weapon, kidnapping, false imprisonment, rape by force and other charges.
He is accused of beating an Arnold juvenile with a gun and raping her. According to the police complaint, the incident occurred at his home on July 21.
The alleged victim went to McFadden's residence to retrieve her cell phone, which was charging in a bedroom, where she found “Smiles” McFadden, according to the police report.
Allegedly, McFadden told the girl that she could not leave. Police say he threatened to duct tape her mouth, take her to the basement and kill her.
The girl told police that she picked up a hammer and tried to hit McFadden, but he started to choke her, and at one point put a plastic bag over her head.
According to police, McFadden ripped off the front of the girl's jeans and raped her.
Mary Ann Thomas is a staff writer for Trib Total Media.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Hosannas for nonprofit helping to fix Tarentum man’s house
- Couple charged in Washington Township robbery, assault
- Route 56 overnight closures postponed again
- Tarentum Council will auction railway station
- Route 56 Bypass in New Ken to close Tuesday, Wednesday nights