Allegheny Ludlum accident hurts 1
A worker was injured on Thursday on the construction site of Allegheny Ludlum's hot-rolling mill.
The accident occurred shortly before 10 a.m.
Ludlum spokesman Dan Greenfield said the victim, whose name was not released, was an employee of a contractor working on the facility.
Greenfield said it appears the accident occurred as a cable was being strung and something broke.
Greenfield and Eureka Deputy Chief Brad James said the victim's injuries were not believed to be life-threatening.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Parents alerted to luring attempt of fourth-grade girl in Springdale
- Driver leaps from sliding truck just before it topples down hillside in Fawn
- EPA urges further review of nuclear waste dump in Parks Township
- Gunman sought in gas station robberies in Jefferson, Buffalo townships
- Winfield Township to try road treatment mix
- Residents opposed to drilling, Consol subsidiary make cases in Allegheny Township
- Arnold officer injured in attempt to detain suspect
- Arnold woman severely injured in Allegheny Township wreck
- Army Corps of Engineers asks for more input on Parks Township nuclear dump plans
- Parks Township nuke dump clean-up: 10 years, $412 million
- Leechburg bank robber pleads guilty