Allegheny Ludlum accident hurts 1
A worker was injured on Thursday on the construction site of Allegheny Ludlum's hot-rolling mill.
The accident occurred shortly before 10 a.m.
Ludlum spokesman Dan Greenfield said the victim, whose name was not released, was an employee of a contractor working on the facility.
Greenfield said it appears the accident occurred as a cable was being strung and something broke.
Greenfield and Eureka Deputy Chief Brad James said the victim's injuries were not believed to be life-threatening.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Highlands Area Meals on Wheels recovers from burst water pipe
- Harmar-based company’s expansion into Tarentum adds jobs
- 3 charged in East Deer home invasion
- Authorities investigating grocery store robberies in Plum, Monroeville
- Harrison fire victim helps others while on road to recovery
- Tarentum councilman resigns to take new position
- Monroeville man charged with bad-check racket
- Return of Verona’s Doughboy statue delayed
- Bed and breakfast proposed at former Liperote Mansion in South Buffalo Township
- Butler County initiative aims to find employment for struggling job-seekers
- Valley reaches out to brighten East Deer cancer patient’s holiday