Child porn arrest in Brackenridge
FBI agents arrested an Etna man Wednesday morning on child pornography charges.
David Roethlein, 25, of Ann Street was taken into custody without incident by federal agents about 7:15 a.m. at an apartment in the 800 block of Sixth Avenue in Brackenridge, , according to Brackenridge police, who assisted.
Roethlein is charged with distribution or possession of material depicting the sexual exploitation of a minor. Brackenridge police said he allegedly had child pornography on a computer.
An FBI spokesperson did not respond to requests for information on the case. Court records show Roethlein was arraigned on Wednesday and released on bond.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Kiski Valley-based ring charged with hundreds of thefts over 10 communities
- Highlands, Tarentum reach agreement on resource officer for Grandview Upper Elementary School
- No injuries in Kiski Area school bus accident
- $200K grant to connect area’s hiking trails
- Trick-or-treat returns to Saxonburg after 4-decade hiatus
- Kiski Valley Water Pollution Control Authority fires contractor over delay
- Route 28 traffics stoppages planned Tuesday morning
- Buffalo Township grandma pleads guilty to selling hundreds of pounds of weed
- Indiana Township suspect accused of raping juvenile
- Lower Burrell man, awaiting trial, jailed for shoplifting
- Allegheny Valley drug suspects corralled