Body in Allegheny River ID'd as Penn Hills man
A body found in the Allegheny River in Sharpsburg on Sunday has been identified as that of a 46-year-old Penn Hills man.
The Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office identified the man as Gregory Abernathy.
A member of the medical examiner's staff said Abernathy was identified through his fingerprints.
They said Abernathy had previous addresses in Michigan and California.
An autopsy was expected to be performed on Tuesday to determine the cause and manner of death.
The body was found just downriver from the Highland Park dam.
— From staff reports
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Tarentum man wants confiscated cash back so he can hire attorney
- Cambodian students answer Oakmont group’s prayers
- EPA finds no contamination from Parks Township nuclear dump
- Leechburg Area School District contracts with Pittsburgh firm for online database
- Waterline break closes Apollo-Ridge schools
- Lower Burrell sewer projects will cost millions
- Loan completes financing for Bell Township waterline extension
- Leechburg lands $11M package for sewer separation project
- Tarentum Council will auction railway station
- Washington Township Supervisors approve manufacturing pant near school
- Couple charged in Washington Township robbery, assault