Tractor-trailer crash snarls Route 28 traffic
Traffic on Route 28 northbound was backed up Monday afternoon due to a tractor-trailer accident at the Highland Park Bridge in O'Hara.
An Allegheny County 911 dispatcher said a truck lost a load of steel coils on a ramp connecting the bridge to Route 28. He had no further information.
According to a post from Allegheny County's Twitter account at 4:30 p.m., the truck spilled 2 tons of steel, forcing the closure of the ramp. No one was injured, according to the county's social media post.
Television news footage of the incident about 4:45 p.m. showed backups on Route 28, the bridge and Route 8 on the Pittsburgh side of the bridge.
State police troopers were on scene; it was not clear how soon the crash would be cleared.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 3 charged in East Deer home invasion
- Harrison fire victim helps others while on road to recovery
- Harmar-based company’s expansion into Tarentum adds jobs
- Authorities investigating grocery store robberies Plum, Monroeville
- Bed and breakfast proposed at former Liperote Mansion in South Buffalo Township
- Butler County initiative aims to find employment for struggling job-seekers
- Return of Verona’s Doughboy statue delayed
- New Kensington-Arnold to create assistant to the principal position at Valley Jr.-Sr. High School
- Monroeville man charged with bad-check racket
- Valley reaches out to brighten East Deer cancer patient’s holiday
- 4 plead guilty to charges of luring, beating man at Harrison gas station