Police: Woman shot accidentally in Manor
A 21-year-old Butler woman was shot in her leg just before midnight Monday at a Manor Township, Armstrong County residence.
State police say the incident happened in the 200 block of Prospect Street when a man with whom the woman was staying apparently was cleaning a handgun.
Police said the handgun fired accidentally and the bullet hit the woman in her right thigh. The man allegedly was pulling the magazine from the semi-automatic gun when it fired.
The woman was flown to UPMC Presbyterian hospital. It's unclear if she was still being treated there Tuesday afternoon.
State police are investigating the circumstances.
Chuck Biedka is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-226-4711 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Motorcyclist flown to Pittsburgh hospital from Tarentum wreck
- Corbett vows to protect coal industry at Armstrong County rally
- Wolf in Leechburg: ‘Get it right this time’ in the election for Pa. governor
- Freeport man accused of having child pornography images
- Lower Burrell man, awaiting trial, jailed for shoplifting
- New Kensington to convert tennis courts to dek hockey rink
- New Kensington contractor selected to serve on bridge project
- Both candidates for governor visiting Armstrong County on Saturday
- Recognition key to winning 33rd District
- Allegheny Valley drug suspects corralled
- 55th House candidates relying on relationships with voters, not media advertising