Arrest made in Arnold mini mart robbery
Police said a 23-year-old armed robber was able to steal cash from an Arnold corner store at lunchtime on Wednesday, but he was arrested within minutes.
Police said Jared McLain of New Kensington wielded a loaded 9 mm pistol when he robbed the All Seasons Mini Mart at 701 Drey St. near Constitution Boulevard at 12:20 p.m.
Arnold police Sgt. Mike Ondo said Arnold and New Kensington officers rushed to the scene and started searching.
A witness reported a man changing clothes in Proctor Alley. Police said the clothing matched robbery witness accounts, and McLain was arrested.
McLain is charged with robbery, theft, receiving stolen property and possessing a gun without a license.
McLain was arraigned in Westmoreland County Night Court before District Judge Roger Eckels. He is being held in Westmoreland County jail on $50,000 cash bail.
Chuck Biedka is a staff writer for Trib Total Media.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- New Kensington resident looks to transform city
- Lower Burrell family opens home to old-fashioned Easter egg hunt
- Retiring Arnold, Lower Burrell mayors look back with contrasting views
- Freshman arrested in Burrell High School bomb threat
- Eagle egg breaks, parents abandon nest
- Leechburg hosts vigil to halt drugs, violence in the community
- Man in New Kensington standoff charged
- Smaller properties in Alle-Kiski Valley remain attractive to drillers
- Aspinwall searches for new police chief
- 2 New Kensington-Arnold candidates removed from primary ballot
- Plum police search for home invasion suspect