Arrest made in Arnold mini mart robbery
Police said a 23-year-old armed robber was able to steal cash from an Arnold corner store at lunchtime on Wednesday, but he was arrested within minutes.
Police said Jared McLain of New Kensington wielded a loaded 9 mm pistol when he robbed the All Seasons Mini Mart at 701 Drey St. near Constitution Boulevard at 12:20 p.m.
Arnold police Sgt. Mike Ondo said Arnold and New Kensington officers rushed to the scene and started searching.
A witness reported a man changing clothes in Proctor Alley. Police said the clothing matched robbery witness accounts, and McLain was arrested.
McLain is charged with robbery, theft, receiving stolen property and possessing a gun without a license.
McLain was arraigned in Westmoreland County Night Court before District Judge Roger Eckels. He is being held in Westmoreland County jail on $50,000 cash bail.
Chuck Biedka is a staff writer for Trib Total Media.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Judge revokes bond for Springdale man for allegedly contacting victim, witness
- Apollo-Ridge middle school library project gains STEAM
- PennDOT puts 14 Alle-Kiski Valley bridges on list to be replaced
- Blaze destroys Oakmont church
- Flag holders stolen off veterans’ graves in Lower Burrell cemetery
- Electricity rates expected to increase this winter
- Harrison OKs antenna zoning change
- Kiski Valley Water Pollution Control Authority communities near completion of sewer projects
- Former drug dealer, addict give away groceries as part of New Kensington church’s outreach
- Beaver footprints found along Allegheny River bank, not gator
- Freeport dock bid exceeds resources