TribLIVE

| Neighborhoods


 
Larger text Larger text Smaller text Smaller text | Order Photo Reprints

Infant scalded in Washington Township

About Chuck Biedka

Daily Photo Galleries

AlleKiski Valley Photo Galleries


By Chuck Biedka

Published: Friday, Nov. 8, 2013, 11:03 a.m.

A Washington Township infant girl is in a Pittsburgh hospital burn unit after she reportedly was scalded by boiling water Friday morning, a Westmoreland County dispatcher confirmed.

The accident happened at about 9:50 a.m. in a house along the 200 block of Pine Run Church Road in Washington Township. The girl, whose identity was not immediately available, was flown by helicopter to West Penn Hospital. Her condition was not available.

Township police are investigating the incident. The circumstances of how she was burned were not yet available.

Chuck Biedka is a staff writer for Trib Total Media.

 

 
 


Show commenting policy

Most-Read AlleKiski Valley

  1. ‘Cross on the Hill’ a special sight for residents
  2. Renter tries to battle New Kensington house fire
  3. Alle-Kiski Valley economic development group honored for police training
  4. PennDOT wants Rock Airport in West Deer to remain open
  5. Avonmore parents enter disabled child in contest for wheelchair-accessible van
  6. Oakmont council OKs Speedway project
  7. Burrell school board reviews security plan
  8. Youngest of 3 Hays eaglets eating as parents have provided a lot of food
  9. Lower Burrell restaurant’s noise subject of Liquor Control Board hearing
  10. Allegheny Township supervisors agree to rezone land for farming
  11. 4-year-old’s death from brain cancer won’t stop fight in her name
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.