3 injured in two-car, head-on crash in West Deer
Three people, including a 15-year-old girl, were taken by ambulance to Allegheny General Hospital in Pittsburgh after a two-car, head-on crash on Oak Road about 6:20 p.m. Tuesday.
According to West Deer No. 3 Fire Chief Josh Wiegand, a sedan with one occupant collided with a minivan with the teen-age passenger within a half mile of Bairdford Road.
He described their injuries as moderate to severe, but not life-threatening.
There was heavy damage to both vehicles and air bags deployed.
No further information was available and West Deer police could not be reached for comment Tuesday night.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Truck snaps power pole in Lower Burrell
- Kiski Area latest school district caught in budget impasse
- Attorneys battle for West Deer district judge
- Highlands School Board considers energy study to upgrade its buildings
- Foreign imports add to woes for U.S. steel industry
- Pioneer adventurers reunite at Harrison Hills Park
- Audit reveals 6 Alle-Kiski schools among underperformers
- Banshee trailer featuring Vandergrift released
- Longtime Lower Burrell Flyers coach honored for 39 years of service in the organization
- East Deer maintenance workers get 4-year contract, annual raises
- Numbers may be reduced, but stink bugs still a bother for Alle-Kiski Valley residents