TribLIVE

| Neighborhoods


 
Larger text Larger text Smaller text Smaller text | Order Photo Reprints

Home badly damaged in Clinton Township fire

Map
Monday, Dec. 9, 2013, 10:33 a.m.
 

Two people were forced out of their Butler County home early Monday morning by a fire that started in a laundry room.

No one was hurt in the house fire reported at 6:30 a.m. at 580 Lardintown Road in Clinton Township, according to Saxonburg fire Chief Chris Ballina. Three dogs also got out unharmed.

Ballina said flames were blowing through the front window of the laundry room when he arrived about 15 minutes later.

Firefighters got the fire under control within a half hour, but not before it spread into and destroyed an adjacent bedroom. There was also heat and smoke damage throughout the house, which was rendered uninhabitable.

An electrical short is believed to have caused the fire, Ballina said.

Ballina said a woman in the house at the time, Samantha Elayazra, 22, told firefighters an electric lamp in the laundry room had been flickering.

Ballina estimated damages at about $50,000.

Elayazra and the other occupant, Jeremy Neff, 23, were renting the home and had renter's insurance, Ballina said.

Brian C. Rittmeyer is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-226-4701 or brittmeyer@tribweb.com.

 

 
 


Show commenting policy

Most-Read AlleKiski Valley

  1. Car, truck collide near Taco Bell in New Kensington
  2. Springdale council, mayor spar over police costs
  3. Burrell School Board debates hiring resource officer
  4. Cheswick fills 1 of 2 council vacancies
  5. Western Pennsylvania detailers get opportunity to work on original Air Force One
  6. Leechburg nears final phase of sewer separation project
  7. Rock Airport & Business Park sold; Ferrone to appeal judge’s decision
  8. Hulton Bridge to close this weekend
  9. Group watches over stately elms on Harrison’s Carlisle Street
  10. Kiski Area accepting bids until Sept. 29 for Laurel Point Elementary building
  11. Allegheny Valley School Board hires Foreman Group to assess repairs at Colfax
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.