Dayton family recovers from wreck in Cowanshannock Township
An Armstrong County couple and four children were recovering at Pittsburgh hospitals Wednesday after being seriously hurt in a one-car crash in Cowanshannock Township the day before.
The driver of the car, Chytel Righi, and her husband, Kody Michael Righi, of Dayton were in fair condition at UPMC Presbyterian Hospital, a hospital spokeswoman said.
Chytel Righi's four children — three boys ages 4, 7, and 11 and a girl, age 2 — were stable at Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC, state police said.
The crash happened about 1:30 p.m. on Route 839 just north of Route 85, police said.
Righi was driving a 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier south on Route 839 when it went off the side of the road, hit a culvert and rolled onto its roof, state police said.
Initial reports that a person had died in the crash were incorrect. Although all six suffered severe injuries, “everybody should make a full recovery,” state Trooper Terry Geibel said.
Police were continuing to investigate the crash.
Brian C. Rittmeyer is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-226-4701 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Drownings surge in Pennsylvania over past 2 years
- Suspended Gilpin police officers to have their say
- 3 wrecks Saturday keep emergency responders busy
- New Kensington-Arnold continues to shuffle security staff
- Versatile U-PARC houses productive assortment
- Free lunch for Highlands, New Ken schools eliminates stigma
- Teachers, support personnel negotiate in 6 Alle-Kiski Valley school districts
- Fire destroys Star Grill in Winfield
- U-PARC gives NEP Broadcasting space to grow
- TCS transcends small beginnings
- Apollo-Ridge School District to list tax delinquents on website