Classes cancelled Wednesday at Acmetonia Primary School
Due to a water main break near the entrance of Acmetonia Primary School in Harmar, classes for the building are canceled for Wednesday, March 12.
This closure only affects Acmetonia Primary School.
Classes at Allegheny Valley School District's other two schools will be held as normal.
Kindergarten registration has been rescheduled for Wednesday, March 19 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Harrison man held in jail on molestation charges
- CNG station approved for Harmar
- Tarentum, Brackenridge kick off holiday season with annual parade
- Congressman Rothfus visits Kistaco Farm in Kiski Township
- New Kensington-Arnold School Board reviews facilities use policy
- Cheswick super fan, 90, has had season tickets for almost 70 years
- Springdale Township neighbors at odds over drone
- Surveillance footage leads to arrest of 2 for Allegheny Township robbery
- Second-graders at Fawn Elementary School hold forth on origin, meaning of Thanksgiving
- West Deer CCD class learns lesson in helping those less fortunate
- Apollo-Ridge closer to naming buildings, facilities