2 serious in New Kensington stabbings
Police said two men suffered serious stab wounds and a woman was stabbed in the arm after an altercation Wednesday night in the Parnassus section of the city.
Sgt. Dino DiGiacobbe said one man was a resident of the apartment house at 542 Fifth Ave. and the others who were injured were friends of tenants.
DiGiacobbe said the incident occurred between tenants of different apartments of the top two floors of the three-story house.
According to a witness who would not give their name, a man was found lying in the middle of Fifth Avenue. Other reports said he had been stabbed twice.
Both men were airlifted to Pittsburgh hospitals while the woman was taken to Allegheny Valley Hospital. The incident was first reported about 10:30 p.m.
Police were still interviewing people at the scene at 1 a.m. but had not interviewed the injured. Police said the men were in surgery.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Leechburg lands $11M package for sewer separation project
- Lower Burrell sewer projects will cost millions
- Loan completes financing for Bell Township waterline extension
- Hosannas for nonprofit helping to fix Tarentum man’s house
- Route 56 overnight closures postponed again
- Highlands to reassess bus contract
- Tarentum Council will auction railway station
- New Kensington-Arnold consolidates, closes 2 elementary schools
- Cheswick would forgive some back taxes
- Mushing catches on in Alle-Kiski Valley
- West Deer residents may have to wait for reprieve from noise