2 serious in New Kensington stabbings
Police said two men suffered serious stab wounds and a woman was stabbed in the arm after an altercation Wednesday night in the Parnassus section of the city.
Sgt. Dino DiGiacobbe said one man was a resident of the apartment house at 542 Fifth Ave. and the others who were injured were friends of tenants.
DiGiacobbe said the incident occurred between tenants of different apartments of the top two floors of the three-story house.
According to a witness who would not give their name, a man was found lying in the middle of Fifth Avenue. Other reports said he had been stabbed twice.
Both men were airlifted to Pittsburgh hospitals while the woman was taken to Allegheny Valley Hospital. The incident was first reported about 10:30 p.m.
Police were still interviewing people at the scene at 1 a.m. but had not interviewed the injured. Police said the men were in surgery.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Indiana Township police on lookout for loose alligator
- Drills put police, teachers in danger zone
- New Kensington slaying victims identified
- Harmar supervisor demands colleague’s resignation
- $9 million tentative agreement reached for Rock Airport property in West Deer
- 2 dead in New Kensington shooting; woman says male victim her ex-husband
- Frazer, Winfield, Harrison townships receive Sustainable Pennsylvania Community Certification
- Freeport Bridge reopens, Route 356 traffic still affected
- Lower Burrell teen uses operatic gift to support Alzheimer’s charity
- West Deer supervisor accused of ethics violation
- Leechburg Area postpones decision to lease property for natural gas drilling