No evacuation from gas line leak in Harrison
No one was injured during a gas leak at a home in the 300 block of McWilliams Drive in Harrison Monday morning.
A portion of McWilliams Drive was blocked off to traffic for about a half hour, according to Harrison Township police. No one was evacuated.
The 11:30 a.m. leak occurred when a customer of Peoples Natural Gas was working in his yard. The man pulled a shrub in his front yard out of the ground, the roots of which were attached to a gas line, according to Peoples Natural Gas spokesman Barry Kukovich.
The gas company capped and shut off the resident's gas line shortly after they arrived at about 12:30 p.m., Kukovich said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Apollo-Ridge Education Foundation donates $12,000 to revamping middle school library
- Homicide suspect faces trial on tampering charge
- Frankstown Acres parents pleased — kids stay at Center Elementary
- DUI checkpoints take on dangerous drivers
- Brackenridge high-rise infested with bed bugs
- Middle schoolers stem STEM Challenge at Penn State New Kensington
- Upper Burrell man accused of selling Suboxone
- Allegheny Twp. residents challenge legality of drilling in neighborhoods
- Rates rise for Upper Allegheny customers
- Positives seen despite Valley Junior-Senior High School performance scores
- Freezing rain menaces Alle-Kiski Valley roadways